Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD, Tuesday, July 21

Top of the Morning to everyone..

Being AF, looks like I'll be starting this thread earlier and earlier!

Hope you all have great Tuesday..

Wavey xxx
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Hey Wave,
    You're up early this morning.
    My day is going to be cleaning up the leaves in the back courtyard the Silky Oak dumped duriong heavy winds a couple of days ago. I curse the people who owned the house before us for planting it where they did. And then to Bunnings to see if I can get some "Shirazz" dwarf azaleas to plant along part of the wall of said courtyard. Why do they name plants after booze?

Comment

Ahhh....a coffee and put my feet up for a bit....
      I decided to forgo the tradesman, stop being a quitter and get with the program.
      A'paintin' I go......I have aspired to a meditative state, and following Ktab's lead have concealed a few vulgarities underneath the paint for my own amusement.
      I still don't like painting. It gives you too much time to think about your life eg: am I a quitter ?
      My neighbour has an extensive aviary of rare birds. Unfortunately she also has a REALLY bad lisp. I have spent ALL DAY listening to an entire cage full of lisping parrots.....

'Hello th-weetheart....'
      'Who-th a good boy then th-weetheart''

It's enough to drive you batshit.

Anyway, if my thoughts actually run to anything useful, I'll report back later on.

Bridge.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge - it is a little-known fact that paint leaches through your hair into your brain. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you - you're buggered. Are they thulphur-crethted cockatooth perchance?

Rags - the last gum tree I planted was called "Vintage Red". Hm. Nuff said.

Wavey - time to knock off yet?

I need to take the left front tyre off my mower for a repair job at the garage. Do you think I can get this stupid little bloody plastic hubcap thingy off? Yeah, I know ... tell someone who cares ...

Comment

there are thum king parrot-th, and all theth thuspiciouth looking oneth that I've never theen before.

You know I've been wondering about you Tawny. How on earth have you gone living as a woman in your time, being like you are, when most women of your generation didn't even drive a car, let alone do their own welding?
          None of my business of course, but you know what I'm like.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I have six older brothers.

Comment

AND ... they're all still alive!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone
                Well it is still raining here, I had to empty my pool a bit yesterday, looks like I am going to have to do it again today..... what a pain......
                Well my boys are back at school toaday Yippeee
                Been to the shops and spent loads of money, I have bought 2 of those electric toothbrushes the ones that go spinning round, they have been advertised on telly, but they cost me $176 each (I had to buy 2, one of us and one for the kids) and that was with discount, they better bloody work, thats what I say....

Bridget - you are soooo wicked, how can you sleep at night :H
                Tawny - I am surprised you are not built like a sumo bloke with all the heavy lifting and bits that you do.....
                Wavey - well done on your a/f days, you are doing really well, keep it up, the a/f days I mean........
                I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday
                :dancin: enguin:
                starting over

Comment

I came real close to having one of my mom's beers. I had it in my hand and was about to open it when I stopped myself. In the neck of time to.

BUT I WILL NOT DRINK! EVEN IF ITS ONE BEER!
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Drifty
                    Well done for doing that, cant you ask your mum if she could hide the beers from you so that you would'nt be tempted again?
                    Wow, I really do think you did very well in not opening it
                    YOU GO GIRL
                    xxxxx
                    starting over

Comment

Good job, Drifty - you've been doing so well for such a long time!!!! Keep going, girl!

Comment

Evening/Arvo all!
                        Gee's Ronnie. Sorry to hear about your pool situation. It must be difficult........;-)
                        Bridget, what colour is your hair today?
                        Tawny is Tao.
                        How are you travelling there Waves?!
                        All super here.....Be safe and sober out there, and let's all paint a rainbow. Acrylic, of course.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G'day Oner's! Hope your Tuesday is grand too............x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yep, all good here. A lazy day would do me too!...I've got a week off August, so looking forward to that.

Comment

Can some-one tell what the sign ;-) means.......................
                              Hi Mr G - hope you are doing well
                              Oney - Hi again......
                              starting over

Comment

Working...
                              X