Pet help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet help ASAP

Can't help but get a little laugh out of you city young'uns!! LOL I've lived in tick country all my life, so no big deal to me, but DON'T cut them off, because the head is actually buried in the skin, and can become infected. Ticks are hard to kill too, so just smushing them with your foot doesn't work. Burn them or flush them; it's no time to go all 'save the planet' with them because the world is better off without ticks. If you live in an area like we do with lots of wildlife (deer, coyote, bear) the ticks are rampant. We dust out yard regularly. They CAN carry deadly diseases.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Pet help ASAP

Hi MM, I hope your pup is doing OK. If you cut the tick off you probably should see the vet to make sure the wound heals OK.

When I take my dog out where there's tall grass I always check him after wards and even then sometimes they escape my notice. I've pulled off as many as 13 at one time and found them crawling in the house and even in bed (good case for not letting dog sleep with you!). So you're lucky you don't encounter them often!

Ever seen a Potato Bug? Now THAT'S gross!

Cheers!

Comment

Pet help ASAP

Princess Ella is doing just fine!

Thank you all for all your suggestions. I took amy of the sugestions, and now she is covered in olive oil and looking at me like I'm crazy.. Oh, well - I am..

I have to admit.. I kept the tic in a glass. Today I let him go.. I took him out to the end of the yard and set him free.. It's the Buddhist in me. I couldn't kill him.. I did tell the little bastard if he came back I would roast him and eat him myself, though.. hahahaha

Namaste, my dear pet-loving friends...

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Pet help ASAP

Your a better woman than me. If something wants to suck my blood it's gonna die!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Pet help ASAP

MM,

Let me get this straight. You took a tick, engorged with blood, outside and let it go in your yard?

Really?

The engorged tick is now going to lay her eggs in your yard.

:H:H

You should have at least taken it to your neighbor's yard.

Love ya silly woman,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Pet help ASAP

THAT has got to be a first mm!!:H:H:H:H:H:H
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
              X