X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so whos ready to get their ass in gear

I'm in first gear

at the minute...
    On day 6 af....have only ever made day 8 before and for now would just like to get past that...
    Any day after that is a big big step for me...
    8days in 6yrs ain't much of a record eh?
    Anyway,struggling at times yet have many pro's for staying sober....Anxiety has more than halved and i haven't got the shakes...Big plus for jittery old me!!

So my ass has been well and truly kicked into some sort of gear.
    And what a kick that was!!!

Good luck to you all!

hugs
    annie
    xx
    "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
    Bring it on!

Comment

anniemac;671800 wrote: at the minute...
      On day 6 af....have only ever made day 8 before and for now would just like to get past that...
      Any day after that is a big big step for me...
      8days in 6yrs ain't much of a record eh?
      Anyway,struggling at times yet have many pro's for staying sober....Anxiety has more than halved and i haven't got the shakes...Big plus for jittery old me!!

So my ass has been well and truly kicked into some sort of gear.
      And what a kick that was!!!

Good luck to you all!

hugs
      annie
      xx
      thats great you are doing it .. now just .. stay here and keep posting everything and ask all the questions and ask for help .. thats why we are here lets do this together.. you will make it there and past .. just believe and you will and can do anything you put your mind to
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Ditto!!!

I say ditto to what T says!!!! We are here for you, good to see you too Ruby!! Sorry to be a stranger at times, life happens though......

He is only 15 hands or so,7 years old and at times a bundle of energy I wish I could tap into, Cocoa is his name. And I love him to death!!!! (Better to ride sober too btw)

MS
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

my ass is in gear ... But since I am driving an old banger I better watch my gears dont slip eh ? :H:H
          ?We are one another's angels?
          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

cowgal;671871 wrote: I say ditto to what T says!!!! We are here for you, good to see you too Ruby!! Sorry to be a stranger at times, life happens though......

He is only 15 hands or so,7 years old and at times a bundle of energy I wish I could tap into, Cocoa is his name. And I love him to death!!!! (Better to ride sober too btw)

MS
            CG, we rescued an Australian Catttle dog (Gator) we REALLY intended to find a new home, but it hasn't happened, and though I call him Gator, the kids call him Cocoa. He would be a FABULOUS dog for someone. So smart, wants to please, and gorgeous!!! (Like his mama)!!! LOL He needs a farm and someone to run with him. Any takers? (NOTE: I've turned down MANY who didn't meet my criteria. I'll help bring him to the perfect home.)
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thanks for the positive thread Roger.

AF since Feb 6 2008 which means I'm coming up on a year and a half AF thanks to you all and a truckload of determination. Actually this last time around being AF is not the struggle it initially was. I was just ready. i'd had my last binge and I knew it. Not that I'm going to start being complacent mind you.
              Nowdays I don't think about my recovery obsessively as I NEEDED to in the first 8 months or so. I't more of a back ground hum. I still listen to MWO or similar hypno on my ipod almost every night and I really think that's been beneficial. My body weight is the lowest it's been since my 20's no kidding! my dear wife (Dx ) is happy and proud of me, as is my family. I'm just a happy bubble these days and don't have a darn thing to complain about.

I remember my beginning here, the frustration and self hatred and guilt. I'ts been a wild ride but if a fall down drunk like me can do it....YOU can do it.

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dear Roger/TMan and all. God, am I ready. I may win the award for the MWO member who takes the longest to get their shit together This sucks but I am so tired of these games.
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I definitely want to get my shit together. Enough is enough. 24 hours so far for me. Still sweating like a pig.

Comment

dexterhead;672081 wrote: Dear Roger/TMan and all. God, am I ready. I may win the award for the MWO member who takes the longest to get their shit together This sucks but I am so tired of these games.
                    we are here for you dex and we can do this together

gearhead awesome job you are doing .. keep up the great work it only gets better and better
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hang in there, Gearhead, the first few days are tough. Dex, those of us who have been around you a while KNOW your worth the effort, boy. Listen to Father T, he is our Guru. You guys underestimate yourselves!
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi all, can I join in on this thread please ........... I've not been around much for ages and my drinking has gradually slipped ending in an all day binge yesterday!!!! The last thing my 12 yeaqr old daughter needed on the first day of the hoidays.... So today I feel lousy, shaky, cravings are really bad but I WILL BE AF ............ Thanks T ............ xxx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Good to see U again Boopster. Be calm and cool. Not like me today
                          Long Road
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Love to see you again Dexhead. Please stop quoting Gloria Gaynor
                            Long Road
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Boop, you are ALWAYS welcome. So good to see you, but sorry about the slippery slope you've been on. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know. You know you can do it!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Long Road;672230 wrote: Love to see you again Dexhead. Please stop quoting Gloria Gaynor
                                :H:H:H:H:H
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X