Devastated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devastated

I am devastated. My Mom was diagnosed with aggressive bone cancer today. My parents just moved here two weeks ago to be close to us.... they havent even finished unpacking yet. She beat Hodgkins lymphoma when she was 42.... the type of cancer that Becca is running and raising money for a cure. That was 20 years ago. She exceeded her lifetime limit of chemo then. Five years later, she was diagnosed with colon cancer. They found a tumor the size of an orange, and told us that if it had spread, there was nothing they could do. We prepared for her death as I prepared for the birth of my second child. Thankfully, it had not spread, and my daughter is now 16. Tonight, she came over and gave us the grim news as my daughter hung over the rail of the top banister with tears flowing down her face.

I had upped my Topamax tonight with hopes of not drinking at all and fighting off the side effect of a headache from the topa and was wishing my Mom would leave having no idea she had stopped over to tell me she had cancer. Now I cant stop crying. I am truly devasted. I hope I will make it. She is my best friend.

Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Devastated

Oh Allie!!

Allie Dear,

I am so sorry to hear this news! What can I say?? I know there is nothing that can possibly ease your pain, so I will just say that I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way. Of course, I am sending them for your Mom and the rest of the family, as well. Your Mom is obviously a woman of great courage and strength, and if anyone can beat the odds, she would likely be the one. I will pray for that!

Love to you, dear....:h

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Devastated

I am so sorry, Allie--this must be so terribly hard for all of you. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
      :l :l :l :l
      susan
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Devastated

Oh Allie, I am so sorry. I am hoping that more news will make this not as bad as it seem right now. I'll be waiting with everyone else to hear. gabbs
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Devastated

Oh my god, Allie.
          Your mom and you have been through so much with this cancer CRAP. It's just not fair. You would think if you beat it once, twice, geez, you should be exempt for pete's sake. Three times??? That's just wrong. I'm so sorry, Allie. I wish I could be there with you tonight. I'll run extra hard this weekend, if it helps.... man.
          Your mom has fought her way out of this before, may she do it again!! She sounds like one tough cookie! (and a very cool one if she's your best friend).
          LOVE YOU
          Call me if you need to talk or vent or rant or whatever

Comment

Devastated

http://www.stopcancer.com/phtest.htm

Comment

Devastated

Struth!

Allie, sorry to hear about your mother, mate.

Geez, it just shows the diversities of life and the diversities of the situations each one of us on this board are going through at the same time - I noticed your post about your situation was posted 1 minute after mine. Bloody one extreme to the other. You must be so cut up mate. Don't want to turn this into a yarn but just popped me head out to say sorry about your situation. Hang on in there love.
              :k TheKanga

Comment

Devastated

sorry

Allie,

I am so sorry to hear about this news. It may seem not quite right, but I am not going to say much. I can't say anything really, but I am thinking (and will be thinking) of you and your mom, and alec and your kids - and even your dad. I am here.

Love,
                Pansy

Comment

Devastated

Allie, I am so sorry to hear this! I will really be thinking about you all in the coming days and praying for a good outcome.
                  Kathy
                  "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Comment

Devastated

alli i am so sorry to hear your awful news - my thoughts are with you.

d

Comment

Devastated

Allie, sending good thoughts your way.

Comment

Devastated

Allie

Me, too, Allie, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. What a blow after everything you've been through together. I feel the same way about my mom and can't even imagine.

Be strong for her, Allie. We are all going to help you both get through this.

RJ
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Devastated

Smallie,

I have been there. I am sorry for the news. You have a very loving community @ MWO to support you through this hard time.

I love you-
                          Lucky ( Quack )

Comment

Devastated

Everyone, thank you so much. I cant sleep, and I sure wish I could pop that stupid bubble on my avatar. I just took a Benadryl, so hopefully the sleepies will arrive soon and I will wake up and this will all be just a bad dream. What is amazing, is that she seems to be doing better than me! She is so strong.

She just moved here to be close to us! We take care of each others plants when the other is out of town, her dog is about to have puppies, she is supposed to stay with my kids while we go away for a week next month... I havent even told my other two kids... my mind is reeling.... I need a "shut off" switch for my mind, emotions and tears... :upset:

thank you all,
                            Allie
                            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Devastated

I'm with ya allie. I went through something similar to this. I just hope ya get some news that puts a new light on things. Gabby
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X