Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devastated

dear allie,

my heart breaks for you and for your mom. such horrific news! you must still be reeling from it.

allie, chemo for even highly aggressive cancer has changed a lot over the past few years. are you near an urban area or a good teaching hospital where your mom would be able to find the most advanced care available or where she might find a phase 3 treatment study of her kind of cancer? i encountered a situation today where a man had been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma. the mets were all through his body and the first highly recommended oncologist he met with told him that the best she could offer him was the advice to pull his personal business together as quickly as possible--statistically, the probability of his survival beyond a few months was less than 1 %.

a bunch of his friends got together and found a study that involved an unusual approach to chemo and this man--now 1 1/2 years post-diagnosis is doing extraordinarily well. the key was that he found a doctor doing a study who didn't want to give up on him. like your mom, he had suffered a serious bout of cancer years before.

from what you wrote, i don't think that you need to abandon hope quite yet. still, I know the heartwrenching feeling of hearing the news that the mother with whom one is very, very close has "untreatable" cancer. i deeply wish that i could offer you more help. for what it's worth, you and your mom and your family will be in my thoughts.

eustacia

Comment

Devastated

Oh Allie,

I am so sorry. Please know that I am praying for you and yours.

Love,
      Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Devastated

Allie, You & your Moma are in my thoughts & prayers... you obviously come from good stock!

How does that quote go? "10% of life is what happens to you ... 90% is how you react to it" Have FAITH honey...:h We are here for ya girl.:l Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Devastated

so so sorry

Oh Allie i am so so sorry for your news...my thoughts are with you sweet heart

Sending all my love to you and yours x x x x x x x
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Devastated

Allie, I also send my thoughts and prayers. My daughter and sister are my dearest friends and I know how close and precious those relationships are. Let your sorrow out and then be her rock. Em

Comment

Devastated

Oh Allie,
              This puts everything into perspective.. i am so sorry about this dreadful news.. Don't burst that bubble ( and I don't just mean the one on your avatar ) it's a bubble of hope and faith.

My thoughts are with you and your family. :l

Take care

Liz
              xxxx
              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Devastated

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I just don't know what to say other than I am thinking of you and wishing you and your mother strength through this.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Devastated

Hello Allie,Just wanted to let you know that i'm thinking of you.:l
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Devastated

Allie - I am thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. You are all in my prayers.
                    Kate

Comment

Devastated

Thinking of you too Allie - Hundi xx
                      __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

Comment

Devastated

Allie
                        I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom. Cancer is such a horrible illness and is so hard on families. I will be thinking of you and checking for your posts.
                        Prayers for your strength and for your Mom's helath.
                        Jenn

Comment

Devastated

Alli, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, she sounds like a strong woman. My prayers and thoughts are with you and all of your family.
                          God Bless
                          Patti
                          Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Devastated

Allie, Its a new day and I sure hope somehow things are better with some different news. Looking for any additional news. Gabby
                            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Devastated

Allie,
                              I got the news last night. I am so sorry. Your family does NOT deserve this, especially your mommy. She is a tough one though, I've never heard of any woman getting through what's she gotten through, she's amazing. So unfair though and I am so very sorry hon. And yes, as others have said, maybe now, all these years later, there are other options for her and you'll have more news for us. We are all here for you and always will be.
                              Let me know a good time to call, I know you must be bombarded. :l
                              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Devastated

Allie, I know what you are going through as my mom passed away last year after a lifetime of health issues. She was, and still is, an example to me of what a strong woman should be and I hope to be more like her. I am incredibly sorry for what you are going through. You and your family will be in my prayers.
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X