Devastated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devastated

Allie, I'm so sorry to read your post. I can only imagine what a blow that news must have been. My mother is also an amazing friend to me and I would be devastated if I received the same news. My thoughts are with you and your family. Wishing you and your mum all the best. Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Devastated

Allie- saw you in chat today and if I understood correctly through my multi-tasking, the diagnosis may have been incorrect and it may not be cancer. Please keep us updated. We care.

Comment

Devastated

We're still here pulling together for you Allie!

I hope everything is going well.

I am keeping you and your family in my daily prayers.:l
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Devastated

update

Yes Lucky,
          Mom did get the results back to her bone scan yesterday afternoon. The Oncologist said it did NOT look like cancer after all, but we will not know for positively sure until Friday when she gets the results back from her biopsy. There is another mass in her abdomen that is very suspicious as well, but the biopsy should tell us everything we need to know.

But the Oncologist is saying that even IF it IS cancer, it is most likely not renal cell which they originally suspected and told her there was basically no cure. So this is all very good news and music to my ears after spending the last week thinking she may not be around much longer. None of this is definite, but we are hopeful now for a much better prognosis!

I will post an update on Friday when when we get the results of the biopsy. Thank you all again so much for your support and kind words. I have gone back and re-read this thread many times when I was feeling low over the past week just to hear all of your words again.

Thanks,
          Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Devastated

I hope the news is good on Friday. I am thinking of you and your family, much love Suz
            Suz
            Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Devastated

Allie- that is such good news!!
              I know you probably feel like you are not out of the woods yet...but this is good news.

Just wanted to say that and wish you and your mom the best. I know this is stressful - you are doing a great job.
              Lisa

Comment

Devastated

Here's hoping & praying.... VERY HARD!!!:l :h Thinking of you ...yours...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Devastated

Hey Allie
                  I am happy to see this news! I am praying for you and your family.....Love ya, girl!
                  Hugs
                  Jen
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Devastated

Allie......I'm happy to hear that things may not be so bad.....I'm praying for you and your mom.....many many days, weeks, months and years of good times together.
                    Love,
                    Nancy:l
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Devastated

Allie- Big hugs and best wishes always!!!

Comment

Devastated

wow

What wonderful news to read! Keeping you at the top of my prayer chain! Love you, Gina:l

Comment

Devastated

What a great turn of events. I am sorry they provided such a negative diagnosis to begin with to put you through that hell. Keep us posted!!!
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Devastated

Thanks everyone for the continued encouragement!

My brother (the Internist) helped explain how her diagnosis is very suspicous for renal cell, and it is not totally ruled out until biopsy results. She had kidney cancer three years ago, and this lesion on her spine is "right next door" to where her kidney was removed. Renal means kidney, so they are thinking some kidney cancer cells were not removed and set up shop on her spine. This has leaked into her blood stream, so that is how they discovered it all to begin with.... very suspicious stuff in her blood work that was routine. (I'm trying to interpret this medical jargon very simply!)

But I am feeling very hopeful and optimistic right now... almost strangely at peace. A far cry from where I was a week ago. I spent several hours with her today, and she was just so full of life and joy. Her dog had puppies two days ago, and so the two of us spent the better half of the afternoon in her walk-in closet with the puppies just ooohing and aaahing over them. (they are "shizus?"....never could spell that for fear of cussing... LOL!) Anyhow... pure bred and really cute, although I am not much of a dog person. But they are bringing her lots of happiness and distraction right now, so that is good!

I have girlfriends from North Carolina coming for the weekend, so I plan to bury myself in cookbooks and trying new recipes and just having a fun "girlie" weekend with my friends, my Mom and sister... so I hope to report back some great news on Friday! Until then, my chin is up!

You guys are awesome. Thanx! :l

Allie

Comment

Devastated

one more thing..

I wanted to say one more incredible thing about Mom... just so you get an idea of what an incredible lady she is:

Today was she and my Dad's 45th wedding anniversary, but he didnt remember. He was too drunk. So she was whispering to me in the closet while we were looking at the puppies about how she was going to surprise him and take him somewhere on the ocean for dinner tonight. Not one hint of bitterness in her. But I got mad!

I have lots to learn from her still! Okay... sorry for posting twice, but just want you guys to know your prayers are going to a great lady who has a daughter with much to learn from her still. :flower:

Allie

Comment

Devastated

Ahhh, that is great news! gabby
                                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                                X