Loving Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving Myself

Many of us have spent far too much time feeling badly about who we are and what we have done. We may have been criticized by others or lost perspective and become overly critical of ourselves. Isent it about time we allowed ourselves to feel good about ourselves? It does take time for old doubts to fade and wounds to heal. Self confidence comes slowly but it grows with practice. We can begin by acknowledging that we do have good qualities. If we have negative thoughts about us we can make an extra effort to counteract them with positive thoughts, it works! It can be helpful to list five or six things that were good about our day before we go to sleep. With practice we can learn to treat ourselves with compassion and kindness, after all we all have many admirable qualities and we owe it to ourselves to let them shine. Just for today I will remember that I am a wonderful human being.:l

Loving Myself

Irish Eyes, you are a kind, compassionate, wonderful person!
    And I think I'm beginning to recognize some of those features in myself too
    It does takes time to renew faith in yourself, I know that too.
    I am kind, considerate, helpful & dependable - just like a Girl Scout!!
    Be good to yourself.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Loving Myself

Lavande;677265 wrote: Irish Eyes, you are a kind, compassionate, wonderful person!
      And I think I'm beginning to recognize some of those features in myself too
      It does takes time to renew faith in yourself, I know that too.
      I am kind, considerate, helpful & dependable - just like a Girl Scout!!
      Be good to yourself.
      Good Lavande, I know you are believe it in your soul. Oney you have it in spades just own it.

Comment

Loving Myself

you are sure right there Irish, we have to think of the need to change in a positive not a negative way

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Loving Myself

This is great Irish.
          Sometimes I feel confident and then others I can be almost suffocated with self doubt.
          This exercise will help me to turn around those negative thoughts when they occur
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Loving Myself

IE, I love ye and I don't even know ye! LOL It's really amazing how personalities come thru here, and you are a beautiful soul. DO love yourself.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Loving Myself

Starty, Mario and all of us! It is about acknowleding ouselves and who we are we are good people but we do tend to over empasise the negative which can drag us down, we all have positive qualities let them shine- yes we can!

Comment

Loving Myself

Sorry Ruby xposted, thanks for your kind compliments we are all the same mish mash positive and negative.

Comment

Loving Myself

Thanks for this thread, Irish, and greetings to all,
                  Also, when sober, the alcohol related haze, anxiety, and depression lift, at least for me, they all disappeared completely. Then we start to feel good naturally, waking up to start the day with a clear head, etc. And this is a great time to focus on, and celebrate the good things about who we are now, and who we are becoming. (again)
                  Best wishes on your respective journey's........;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Loving Myself

Good post, Irish. We should remind ourselves every day of our "good" .. it's so important in our fight to better ourselves!
                    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Loving Myself

I think this is great, if we feel positive about ourselves we can fullfill our potentials and we would prob find our battle with alcohol dissolve before our eyes..Im going to do those excercises Irish, thank you. In fact im going to start right here , right now...

I am the bomb!

Comment

Loving Myself

well I am , aint I??

Comment

Loving Myself

limers;677443 wrote: well I am , aint I??
                          Limers you are a hoot:H

Comment

Loving Myself

Limer's IS the bomb!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Loving Myself

hi irish.an all.still finding my way around.your post is great.i try to be positave and indeed i decide each day is a good one.as silly as it sounds i think we can decide to choose neg or positave.just as we choose to be sober or not,im not saying its easy,but it is a good start to a day saying little things.its a lovely day tg,we can train ourself to look on the bright side(as the song says).....i watched a proogran last night about additions .(ruthland center)in ireland.and one of the points a counceler made was think back on the first 20 yrs of your life and most addicts have shock or deep hurt that unresolved.and addiction is a great wey to mask our emotations,also its a good idea to wright them down ,feel the feelings,examin how you feel,what do you want to do with these feelings.i tried to do this last night and i know there are a lot of undelt with issues in my life.and it makes me sad,at the age of 49 i still have hugh sad emotions from my youth,its very painful and i dont know what to do with them.i dont blame anybody for my now life,but im also afraid to go to the depts of my sole for fear of the sadness thats there. im wondering if anyone else fels this way????

Comment

Working...
                              X