X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~A couple quick questions~

Hello!

Two quick questions...

I'tve missed you all because my laptop has been not working well. It heats up soon after I turn it on and goes to a black screen (HP computers are the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). We have a desktop MAC, however I don't want my BF to know about my visits here (maybe in due time I'll let him know of my struggle). **** Can anyone tell me how I can erase the websites visited history on a Mac? If I could do it for just this one site that's great. If not, I will just erase all history.

Secondly, How long does alcohol stay in your body? I'm 10 day AF and wondering if it is all gone yet.

Thanks!!

I don't know anything about macs.

For #2, the alcohol was actually gone by the 2nd day. But it's not that easy. There are a lot of byproducts and chemicals. Overall, 10 days should have cleared it all out.

So all that's left is your real body which may still be re-learning how to balance various chemicals, and your established habits which tend to return in the form of cravings.

Comment

Hi, I do the same with our shared Mac. Click on History on the Safari toolbar and you can either choose what you want to delete or clear all - you just have to remember to do it!

Bets.
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Takeheart,
        I have a Mac laptop. If you use Firefox, it's History, at the top of that menu is an icon that looks like a gear, select show all, then select today, command /a for select all, / delete

**Just reread your post. If you just want to delete this website, select it when you do the show all for today, click on this website and delete. Would probably be better with BF, he won't notice you did it.**

Hope that helps

After 10 days alcohol is out of your system.
        Good luck and come back!

Comment

Hi TakeHeart,

Welcome! I can't answer your Mac question but I do want to congratulate you on your 10 AF days. Good for you!
          Please feel free to join us in the 'Newbies Nest' thread here in the Just Getting Started section.

Wishing you the best!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAC HISTORY

Take H...

Hello! what I do on Mac with MWO:

When you open Safari, click on SAFARI (it is in the upper left corner next to "apple" icon) and check PRIVATE BROWSING. Then confirm it and no history will be recorded. If you want your history to show again, just Uncheck Private Browsing.

I hope this helps.
            MamaZ

Comment

MamaZ - that is a much easier way - thanks!

Bets
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

hi T. H. dont no much about computers mine works quite well ,actually when i was in treatment a fellow patient was a doctor,he was telling me signs of Al can stay in your system for longer then once known,it seemed like a councillor was trying to rid the building of some of us,the docs pee sample showed signs of Al.he explained it could be from cough medicine,one last thing your B F knows you have a problem,there usually the 1st to no,they dont no what to say,as far as this site and you,he d probably think it was a great place for you to come,if you remained sober or you lerned how to moderate your AL consumption,i do hope things work well for you gyco

Comment

Thanks for the great computer info! Works perfect!

And so after 12 days, I guess the AL is gone. For some reason I'm struggling to not walk to the store for a bottle of wine, but knowing I've rid myself of AL makes me not want to. I think I'm still going through some adjustments.

Gyco, I don't doubt he thought I drank too much before quitting. I just would like to be able to come here and post questions and thoughts without having him log on to see what I'm saying. He doesn't have a problem with alcohol and might not understand. I love him dearly and don't keep any other secrets from him. Hmmm...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like to have a place I can come anonymously and be with other people who are or have struggled with this addiction. I hope that doesn't make me a bad GF...

Comment

TakeHeart ... I and a lot of others keep our time on this site "private" ... That's not a bad thing at all. You have to do what is right for you. I may or may not talk about my problem with my husband and family at some point .. but now is not the time. Right now I'm working on "me" the way I need to.
                    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

if you r using mac my guess is u r using safari as a default browser unless u r as smart as me then probably u be using apache's newest browser... but to be smart as me.. u need to drink more..

Anyway ...

Open your Safari browser.
                      At the top of the page on the toolbar, select History.
                      Scroll down to Clear History to delete
                      At the top of the page on the toolbar, click the Safari menu
                      Scroll down to "Empty Cache" to clear your browser's cache. Select "Empty".

There u go...

Now pick up your glass of whisky... Beer... or RUM... and Cheers .....

Comment

You're a funny guy luv2drink2
                        Now....
                        Off you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X