Laugh or cry??? OMG!! watch this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so I've done enough drinking this week, knowing that I've got to be abs for a couple days here to run my first half marathon, then I have to train especially hard thru september and october to prepare for the one that you all so incredibly helped me raise money for.

WATCH THIS! Of course this would happen.... We are leaving at 3pm today to drive down from Ohio. Greeeeaaaaat.

www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=3746&collection=topstory&fro m=wxcenter_video

Bloody Hell Becca its not looking good....Do you live there aswell?
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hang in There Becca!

My, my, that does look dreary! The good news is that you won't have to run in that mess, Bec. It should be long gone by then! I must confess that I had to laugh watching the video at the irony.

Please be safe driving down, as you will have to drive through all that rain.

Love and hugs,

Kathy:l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Guess I'll put my sunblock back in the cabinet and pack a windbreaker and an umbrella.....

No, Mack, we're a good 10 hour drive from there. We thought it would be "fun" to road trip instead of flying...oh broher.

stop laughing!!!

Ok... it is kinda funny:H ......:upset: ....

Comment

Okay baby, settle down!! I checked the weather channel online and the forecast for Sunday is scattered thunderstorms and a high of 86 degrees in Virginia Beach!! Shu-shu, baby, everything's gonna be okay! And the thunderstorms will most likely be in the afternoon!

Drive safely, love!

Kathy

Comment

Becca,

This may not be much help, but I have ran in several events. My biggest was a full marathon in Rome, Italy. It was such a great experience. A little piece of advice though...I decided it would be a great idea to have 2 bottles of red wind and about a 1/2 liter of vodka the night before my run and not mention the half pack of camel smokes I burned. P.S. (They don't use ice in Europe...warm vodka & tonics...must be a boozer to drink that) Talk about self sabotage. I did finish, the morning sure started out rough.

As for the run...you may end up with awsome weather for running. It will probably blow through in time. The worst part will be driving down. You will be driving right into it. Allow me to offer this little hint in case of bad weather...be careful of chafing...especially your feet. Lube with with something. I used aquifer (not sure about the spelling). Its a petroleam based gel. Also try and maintain good posture while running. I know its difficult in the rain, but if you slouch over your body mechanics must work sooo much harder to run. REMEMBER to have a great time and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Good Luck !!

Brian

Comment

Oh my gosh becca. Good Luck and Have Fun! Gabby
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

AWESOME advice, Brian! Thank you very much. The booze stuff, yup, had that under control. I'm on auto-pilot abs from now until I cross the finish line (at which time I will drink my 1 complimentary beer.... a-hem). The info about the posture and the foot lube are excellent. I did buy good socks- the dri kind (not cotton) and have a really good pair of shoes that I had fitted for me at a running shop.
                Ok, feeling better, Thanks everyone! Sorry for the freak out, but it is pretty crazy!!! This drive is gonna SUCK. We're already on pace to not get there til 3 in the morning!
                Maybe I should have put this in the rant section! Sorry. This did have to do with my drinking/ NOT drinking in order to meet a goal though... please forgive me!
                Gotta finish packing.
                Love,

Comment

No forgiveness needed, lovey, you didn't do anything wrong! Now you go girl!

Comment

As for the drive...

Don't know if you've left yet, Becca, and you probably know this already, but just in case: DON'T drive in rain with cruise control on!

May sound like an urban legend (in fact, it's been embellished since first launched as a widespread chain letter topic) but in this case it's uncharacteristically true.

I don't have time to cite more than what's below, as I'm hoping to catch you before you go.

The National Automobile Dealers Association says "Never use cruise control when road conditions are slippery."

Here's one from the state of Utah that says "Using cruise control on wet roads or during heavy rain can cause you to lose control of your vehicle."

Apologies if I've offended and this is old news. But to be honest, I was surprised to learn about it a year or so ago, as we love our cruise control on those long family trips.

Good luck, have fun, drive safely!

RJ
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

RJ, THANK YOU.
                      Got it. We're leaving in about an hour, and the weather does NOT look like it's getting better! It's heading north too, so of course we're driving right into the storm. We do have my sister in law's new jeep grand cherokee to drive... not sure if it has 4WD or not, but at least we're not driving some little slippery car.
                      We'll be careful. I'll post when I get there!
                      OH, btw, that link I posted is kinda cool. I didn't realize it, but it updates itself every hour! I'm smarter than I thought.....

We will NOT use the cruise if conditions are wet. Promise. Thanks again for the concern!!

Comment

Becca!
                        You be careful out there! Turn back or stop if it's looking ominous. I'm worried about you guys! Please keep us updated and let us know you are safe!! Gina

Comment

Becca, where are you? Are you anywhere that you can access a computer? Please let us know you are alright. What's the latest update?

Kat

Comment

We're OK! Thanks for the thoughts and advice. I actually had to remind my brother in law to turn the cruise control off when it started raining... he said "oh yeah, I've heard that's dangerous...". We bought a GPS thing, so we were guided here the whole way in by her voice and the computer display. Cooooooool. It's for hubby's car, but now I gotta get one! Never be lost again??? OH yeah!
                            does make you feel like "they" are watching you though. Kinda creepy! The thing can tell if you SWITCH LANES!! Pretty amazing.
                            Got here at 5am. Slept til 10:30. Feeling pretty good and are heading to the expo. It's cloudy, but high of 82, I think.
                            Race tomorrow morning!
                            Thanks everyone! I'll keep ya posted.
                            (no drinking yesterday, none planned today, which may be tough cuz hubby and bro in law want to watch the Buckeyes at the BAR today. Maybe I'll do something else!)
                            Bye for now! Everyone have a great day! Happy birthday, Brian!!

Comment

Have a great run Bec! Will be thinking of you! Boo Boo

Comment

Working...
                              X