Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF August and a new attitude!

:H
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Oh well, I do have sleeping pills so really can't use that as an excuse. I just hate the cotton mouth, woolly headed feeling in the morning when I take them. Being hungover is just soooooooo much better
      That cracked me up. :H :H :H :H :H
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm so excited but its weird. I took an Antabuse to get me started until the Baclofen gets here. Whats weird is knowing I can't drink tonight. It's great that I don't have a choice but very strange. I usually try to stay AF but know if I really want one I can.

I do/don't want to stop....isn't that crazy? What crazy mixed emotions I have right now. So glad to be giving up AL, but in some way will miss it?

It is going to be an interesting month.

Comment

Morning everyone. Its day 8 for me. Its a long time since i made it over the week so i'm pleased. Still odat. Craveings are not too bad tho there has been days when i would have loved a few glasses of wine but once i have one that me gone for the day. Sleeping still not great and i'm bloated and constipated but i know that will pass as it happened before when i quit for a few days. One o fmy withdrawel symtoms. Have a good day whatever you get up to.:l

Comment

Yaaaay, completely AF!!! The beginning of the month was very mod but not AF. I went to bed 100% sober for the first time in a long time. It took the help of antabuse to do it but I feel great! I took another today so I'll be good for the next few days.

Its so strange....I thought it would be hard or feel bad. But I am actually so relieved. I know its because of the antabuse and not having a choice but whatever it takes. I'm only planning on taking for a week or two. Hopefully after that I can do it on my own.

Sending :l and support to all you Aug AFers!
            aK

Comment

I start day 3 AF!!! I know its not much but more than I've done in a long time.

Hope all you August AFers are doing great!

:l
              Ak

Comment

Congrats on over 8 days Firefox! AK, sounds like you are off to a great start. Day 6 here - hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Hi where is everyone???

Firefox, AKgirl, Louise, and More2, :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Day 5 for me and I have never gone this long for man many years .......

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Good Morning August AFers
                    Day 8 begins for me today. Up with the birds this morning. Didn't get up quite soon enough for the wee dog though. She presented me with a brown log on the rug this morning.
                    Fortunately I am not hung over this morning so I was able to deal with the annoyance without making my head explode. Things are so much better without hangovers.
                    Hope everyone has a great AF day.
                    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                    November 2, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone. More2, glad you are joining us. Betty, glad the detox went well - onward! Wally, sorry about the dog present - I put in a dog door and it makes life much easier! I'm on day 7 and will face a challenge when we go out to dinner at a nice restaurant tonight before a concert. Fridays are always a challenge, but reporting to you all tomorrow will be my motivator. Hope everyone else is doing well, if not report in to get some support!

Comment

Hi everyone, great job, sounds like you are all doing well.....minus the dog present :H

Starting day 4 and feeling strong. But I have to admit, the weekend feels like challenge. I'm tempted to not take an antabuse today. But I will, and I will get through the weekend. Its funny, I thought it would bother me more, but I am actually kind of liking being AF. Course thats because I just don't have the option because of the antabuse. I might not be singing the same song if it weren't for that. I was thinking I would have more energy without AL but I don't yet. I have a doctors appointment today. I'm a bit nervouse but will be proud to tell him my intentions.

Sending strength and support to you all
                        :l
                        Ak

Comment

Working...
                        X