BB's Detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB's Detox

Betty, every time I did detox I used to get what I would call my 'hour of misery', where I would just go to bed and cry. But the rest of the time I was running around and laughing like a mad person. Very odd, but very normal for detox if you will. I get neither of these things any more now I am more AF than not!!

Glad to hear you're getting rest and carrying on.
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

BB's Detox

Betty,
      So glad to hear you are doing so well. I have heard too about the bursting into tears over nothing or small things, and that is great about the laughter! Makes total sense that emotions would be on the surface. Hopefully you will have mostly positive ones!

Macks -- I can totally picture you having a fit of laughter in class! Sounds like something I would do too.

All my best to you BB!
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

BB's Detox

Thanks for the reassurance Kimberley, and Hi Prest .....

Thanks again to everyone else for support .......

Off to bed for me the family are totally fed up of my moods ............

Well thats day 2 done

Love & Hugs to everyone ..........

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

BB's Detox

AWSOME BETTY BIG HUGS
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

BB's Detox

Hi Betty! Sorry I have not had time to completely follow this thread, but I have skimmed through and it seems you are doing well and getting much support from the good people here.

I'm very happy that you have now made it through the worst-- it gets easier from here on to a few days AF, and then it seems to go into a holding pattern (for me). For many people the end of the honeymoon is very depressing. Maybe it wouldn't be if they were prepared. Again, this is just my experience.

Good luck! Thanks for keeping us posted.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

BB's Detox

Well start of day 3 here ........... not so tearful today but then not actually spoke to anyone other than my daughter yet LOL ..........xxx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

BB's Detox

hi BB,
                Keep it up. You're doing great.
                love and hugs
                Jackie x
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

BB's Detox

Good luck for day 3 BB, you can do this! Joesgal

Comment

BB's Detox

BB,

Once you get past Day 3, you are really starting to heal. This is a big day of detox, IMO.

By tomorrow your body and brain actually start realizing you are not going to give it the poison anymore.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

BB's Detox

Hiya Betty,
                      (Geordie accent) Day 3 in the BB House. Dog fiace nd alfwit r sitting byyy the pooool.
                      ( you'll only get that if you english and watch Big Brother...Just letting you know incase you think i'm pissed )

Best of luck to you today Betty, your doing great:l
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

BB's Detox

BB, I hope day 3 is going great for you :h
                        Did you get my Christmas card made yet?...LOL!!
                        :l
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

BB's Detox

betty boop;683256 wrote: Hi Cinders strangely enough I just burst into tears for no reason!!!!!
                          The one thing I had a hard time coming off of the alcohol was dealing with my emotions. Crying, anger, laughing; complete insanity. It does subside. I believe the flood of emotions that come with early sobriety is what drives us back to the bottle. At least it did for me, time and time again.

This last time, I let myself 'feel' the emotions. I found it helped to feel them, digest them, and understand that this is perfectly normal and they would subside. I typically pushed them aside and didn't deal with them.... which ultimately led to a miserable time being sober. This time around I did things the complete opposite. If I felt like crying, that is what I did. I also practiced techniques of deep breathing to deal with the onset of anxiety and anger.

With over 2 months of AF now, I am feeling at peace. I feel free and happy! I wish this for anyone who wants sobriety.

Hang in there! It does get better. xoxo :l

Comment

BB's Detox

Hi again, Cinders thanks once again ........ xxx

Macks that really did make me laugh out loud ......... I'm renaming my the home the BB house :H:H:H I'm still chuckling !!!!!

Christmas Cards will be made and I promise one will be for you Looking ........

Love & Hugs everyone .........BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

BB's Detox

AFM sorry I missed this as I had a visitor half way through posting ....... well done on 2 months ...... Love BB xx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

BB's Detox

Betty

You sound as though you are doing really well. As for the crying, you have been given much good advise above....let the tears come, let all the emotions come. I used to drink once a week on a saturday mosly and when I did the first 8 weeks without a drink, I cried for "no reason" on the first 3 sunday mornings!!! Maybe I was missing my hangover, I dont know, but for me, even though I was not physically addicted to AL, obviously, I was missing the emotional release of a saturday night binge.....

keep it up gal...love Moo
                                "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                                but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Working...
                                X