Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosacea, anyone?

Complexion woes here.

I have noticed that in the last year my face has marks on it. Like any little blemish leaves a dark spot. There are also some little capillaries showing through on my cheeks, but some of this is genetic because my 6 year old son has some and I have always, even as a child, had some caps showing on my right cheek. Of course I think that AL played a role in making it worse.

However, it has been since June 15 since I have been drinking daily. I am currently 7 days in a row AF, 37 out of 48 days AF, and I don't see much improvement. On days I drank, I had no where near the amount I was drinking before June 15.

How long does it take for it to go away? Anything one can do to make it improve?

Anyone have comments on complexion?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Rosacea, anyone?

I don't have any advice .. but just wanted to say that I have similar problems with my complexion .. some dark spots, some capillaries. I wonder if there's anything the doc can prescribe, or maybe something from the drugstore (a micro derm abrasion thing ... or some anti-redness cream?) ... I haven't tried anything yet, but I know how frustrating it is. I figured my face would have a lovely "glow" when I gave up AL, but it's pretty much the same .. maybe a little better, but I was hoping for a lot better by now.

I'll be watching the thread to see if anyone pops in with some experience and ideas.
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Rosacea, anyone?

Hi Tulipe, I think you should go see a dermatologist. I think they can zap the capillaries with lasers now. Take heart, at least you aren't making any new ones! Good on you for the AF days.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Rosacea, anyone?

My wife has spoken about laser therapy as well as a chemical peel... I don't know how it works, but maybe you can goole it?
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Rosacea, anyone?

Tulipe,

The two primary causes of Rosacea are genetics & sun exposure.
          Temporary triggers can include drinking alcohol, drinking hot liquids (coffee & tea), consuming hot & spicy foods), exercise and exposure to cold temps.
          Using a good sun block and limiting sun exposure of course is vital. Laser treatments are expensive but effective. Antibiotics and topical medications can also be used. The powdered mineral makeups work pretty well to coverup problem area - I use them
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Rosacea, anyone?

I have noticed that mine have definetly lightened/diminished.
            I can't work out which part of my lifestyle has caused my skin to be rosy and blemish free again because I've done a total 180. I think smoking was also a HUGE factor for the state of my tired looking face as well as just being horrible to my body day in and day out.

Great advice Lavande!!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Rosacea, anyone?

OMG I thought it was a virus. I have a friend who got a prescription that cleared it up. I'll check back with him to check.

Comment

Working...
              X