Why is this so hard...continued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still going strong...Did have 2 drinks with brother and was tempted to continue but decided to hold course and stay healthy.
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Hiya FT!
    Its great to hear from you!
    And even better to hear that life is still going your way.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey Traveler,
      Good for you for limiting yourself.
      I found it much harder to stop once I had started drinking.
      Well done.
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Geez, you must have iron will. Once I start, I tend to drink my limit, although I am tapering down. Good for you!
        I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

HI FT nice to see you posting again. Good on you for keeping it within limits.
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

sosad61;683182 wrote: Geez, you must have iron will. Once I start, I tend to drink my limit, although I am tapering down. Good for you!
            Ditto

Good job on knowing your limit and stopping
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi everyone! I've been taking nal for a month now. The cravings are way down, but I'm still drinking just as much. Can anyone give me some idea of how long it takes for the actual consumption to go down? I'm getting discouraged because I'm still experiencing the same type of personal problems when I get drunk.
              Thanks

Comment

MakingMyWay,

I would post this question on one of the naltrexone threads in the Meds Forum.

There are several members here who use Naltexone and will be able to answer that question for you.

:welcome:, btw.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks all, just a background for some of you that don't know me. But I decided Jan 27th as my new birthday and to get control over my life again, it was has not been easy but the rewards have been great. I originally posted this thread on membership side but due to financial issues was unable to continue that but decided to keep updates here. So iron will? far from it but with this website and power of positive thinking and also a 12 year old son that I value more than anything in the world I will keep going.
                  FT

Comment

So alluring....

It's so alluring. the fantasy of enjoying drink, and relaxing on the deck etc... I LOVE my chardonnay in the sunshine. It's just that I like to keep going and going,and that's not okay! How can such an innocent wish, turn so evil???

Comment

Amen to that, I used to love having a glass of Scotch (Pref Malt +15 years) a nice Cigar and sit there and just chill or read my book, but as you say there developed the habit of "ohh one more" and then "one more" and well my brakes became real loose and I could not stop. Can't change the past but can live for today as that creates my future....one day at a time.
                      FT

Comment

Good Morning,
                        Thinking back to that night this summer where I had a couple with my brother and at that time the temptation was to continue I did not and I am very glad that I did not. Looking back as I awoke this morning and wrote my feelings into my journals and the feeling of not having a hangover was just great
                        Realizing that there is so much more to experience and share is awesome, I would not trade any of what I have gained this year to go back to where I was earlier.
                        Thank you all for being here.
                        FT.

Comment

Well here it is Nov 16th and I am still going strong, looking forward to Jan 27th where it will be 1 year since a change in life's choices. I cant explain how wonderful it is to be able to not use alcohol as a crutch and or an escape. I just got back from ASIA where I flew over there and back in a span of 5 days and my body clock is way way off. But in general having made this change has drastically improved my work ethic and my personal life. It is and probably will never be easy but it is worth the commitment. Thank you all for your continued support....
                          FT

Comment

First of all refer to the Strictly Sinclair's Method Forum for many answers you looking for. Also make sure you read Dr. Roy Escapa's book Cure for Alcoholism. Also, do not get discouraged. The Method definely works, Just Continue taking Nal one hour before. It takes months but there is a definite cure. Continue applying the sinclair's method strictly. Good Luck.

Comment

Wonderful to see you again, FT and delighted to read that you're still traveling well.

Take good care.

Comment

Working...
                              X