Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another seizure this morning

Hi All,

I suffered a seizure this morning,another one.
    Apparently i was shaking real bad all over and couldn't talk,had slabbers coming out of my mouth.
    It lasted about 10mins and was fucking horrendous.
    Was sitting down to watch a dvd with my son,11,daughter 17 & 2 boys i was minding for a friend aged 5 & 7.They were all so scared ans the little ones started crying.:drama:
    Got taken to the docs and finally admitted to being an alco.
    Cannot go on fooling myself.
    In a mess right now but doc gave me librium to help.Is it any good?
    I also asked for antabuse and im starting that on monday.
    I cannot drink again,ever.
    Will keep you posted.

love and shaky hugs,
    annie
    x
    "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
    Bring it on!

wishing you a good recovery anniemac,i got a few of them myself a few years ago,just sending you good vibes

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Annie,

Yes, the librium will help with the withdrawal in the short term, but you need to be so careful, please - detox can literally be deadly in some cases. You will also need additional help, even if you're taking antabuse. E.g. supplements like L-glutamine and vitamins.

Good luck!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

(((Annie))))

How Scary:eeks: I'm so glad you have decided to give up drinking. Hon u have just made a decision that will enhance your life. You will be okay.:l:l:l

Comment

So scary Anniemac. Glad you have spoken to the doctor and are under care. You must be careful and take care of yourself. Keep yourself well hydrated and make sure you have someone with you in the beginning.
          Very best wishes for a happier healthier new you.:l
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

Annie, so sorry to hear of your experience. Had you quit drinking cold turkey? Was that the reason for the seizure? Prayers to you friend.
            I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Thanks to you all,

yeah i did cold turkey.Bad idea,

i needed that scare to wise me up.

thankyou all for your kind words,,,,again.

this is my last detox,,,ever!

just wish i could get a few days under my belt,but i have no doubt that i'l get there..

thanks again

hugs
              annie
              Bring it on!

Comment

Look at the big picture Annie. You've drank less over the last two weeks than the two weeks prior to that. You're not starting over completely. If I'm correct, didn't you recently go five or six days without alcohol? You'd be amazed at how quickly the body recovers when we don't drink. So no, you're not starting over Annie, you're picking up where you left off. Prayers for you.

anniemac;691109 wrote: yeah i did cold turkey.Bad idea,

i needed that scare to wise me up.

thankyou all for your kind words,,,,again.

this is my last detox,,,ever!

just wish i could get a few days under my belt,but i have no doubt that i'l get there..

thanks again

hugs
                annie
                I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Reaching out to you with support and understanding~

I have withdrawn cold turkey enough times to wonder why and how my body does it. I support the use of safer means, because you suffer enough with the battle from hell.

Let your spirit rest and your thoughts focus on all the peace that is offered from all the kindred spirits that surround you with pure empathy.

Be still and know that you are loved.

Your body will recover, rejuvinate as your heart will rekindle with hope and assurance.

Right next to you with a heavy heart for all of us that suffer, yet, with a enduring knowing that we will overcome what bullies us to be overcome.
                  :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Hugs to you, Annie. I'm so sorry you've had a rough time. One day, you'll look back on this time and you'll be grateful and happy that your life got better after this. Meanwhile, please eat well if you can & keep your blood sugar level (helps to prevent additional seizures). We are all pulling for you.
                    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Hi Annie,

I just wanted to send you some warm wishes. I have never had a full-blown seizure, but DTs are scary enough. I can still remember the worst withdrawal I ever had - it was absolutely hideous and the hallucinations were awful. I thought someone was hiding outside my bedroom window and every time I slept I felt like these fingers were pointing into my face and touching me all over and spiders were running through my hair. That was without librium.

With librium it is so much better and easier. Bearable and much safer although unpleasant. Do let us know how you're getting on.

I really hope that you get the right care and back that up with your own determination. As LilBit says, we're all rooting for you.
                      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Wow Annie,

Big hugs to you!!!!!!!! Things will get better my dear, I promise!!!!!

Luvya,

Myheart
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Annie
                          I hope you feel better soon darling...big hugs comming your way:l :l :l
                          Love
                          Ronnie
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

Day 2

Hi to you all,
                            Just thought i'd post again to thank-you for your kind words.I can tell from what you've written you are all beautiful people..:l

I went to bed at 6pm last night and never got up till 1 today.Di wake a few times,just to drink some lucozade but got back to sleep easy enough.Think the librium helped alot as i never had any weird dreams just sweated a bucketload but i expected that.

Anyway,got up this afternoon and took my lib,l-glut,thiamine,kudzo and vitamins so i feel i'm well to get to the evening to my next dose...if i was shook now i'd rattle lol

Unable to eat (due to biting my tongue of myself yday morning)though i'm drinking plenty which should keep me ticking along for a while...

I hope to be seeing alot of you guys,,,,

Will keep you posted on the crack with the antabuse..

love & prayers to you all

annie
                            xx
                            Bring it on!

Comment

Great job Annie! I'm glad you got the librium. Take care of yourself today. Curl up on the couch, watch movies, and be really gentle with yourself. I had a lot of nausea on day 2. Tea, toast, and bananas was all I could eat. Best wishes!
                              'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Working...
                              X