Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons not to drink

I just have a few extras to add to the list

I wake up on the living room floor at 3 in the morning with an imprint of the carpet on my face.
    The next morning my stomach is bloated, and I have horrific cramping pains.
    I don't always remember the conversations I had with my children when i put them to bed the night before .
    I am so ashamed of myself the next morning that I can't even face myself in the mirror.
    I stop reading books almost completely, because once I have that first drink in the evening, that's all I am interested in.
    My house is in a constant state of chaos.
    I'm never happy.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Reasons not to drink

not tonight;868385 wrote: I just have a few extras to add to the list

I wake up on the living room floor at 3 in the morning with an imprint of the carpet on my face.
      The next morning my stomach is bloated, and I have horrific cramping pains.
      I don't always remember the conversations I had with my children when i put them to bed the night before .
      I am so ashamed of myself the next morning that I can't even face myself in the mirror.
      I stop reading books almost completely, because once I have that first drink in the evening, that's all I am interested in.
      My house is in a constant state of chaos.
      I'm never happy.
      So So true ........... I used to wake up my daughter (after throwing up while brushing my teeth) and ask what she wanted for breakfast and she would say 'I told you last night, but you never remember' :upset:

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Reasons I don't drink alcohol:

It's unhealthy
        It's expensive
        It turns me into someone I don't like
        It makes me neglect my child emotionally
        It steals my weekends from me
        It blinds me to the mess my house is becoming
        It tricks me into thinking eating fast food 5 times a week is okay
        It convinces me I don't have a problem
        It robs me of my self-esteem
        It makes me bloated
        It's a liar, a thief and a cunning bastard that tried to take over my life...but I took it back!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Reasons not to drink

K9Lover;868399 wrote: Reasons I don't drink alcohol:

It's unhealthy
          It's expensive
          It turns me into someone I don't like
          It makes me neglect my child emotionally
          It steals my weekends from me
          It blinds me to the mess my house is becoming
          It tricks me into thinking eating fast food 5 times a week is okay
          It convinces me I don't have a problem
          It robs me of my self-esteem
          It makes me bloated
          It's a liar, a thief and a cunning bastard that tried to take over my life...but I took it back!
          Love it xxx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Reasons not to drink

:bump:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Reasons not to drink

This was a GREAT post and I read it while I was craving and it sure changed my thought process! AWESOME!
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Reasons not to drink

I will not drink today because it steals my soul and turns it into a black empty shell,
                It means I will not leave the house for the next seven days except to get more grog
                I will not answer the phone, the door or take the dog for a walk
                I will cook food for my children, but will probably leave it on the hot plate burning
                I will be very, very, ill, and wish I was dead
                I will tell lies to everyone who cares about me, and whom I care about in order to keep drinking
                I will feel a disconnection from humanity and a lonliness so deep that I just cant bear to be conscious
                I will not drink today because I love my life
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Reasons not to drink

I thought about this this morning and i am worried about the opportunities i have missed and the relationships i have messed up:

1. Nearly missed career opportunities (and probably have) due to not caring, not returning emails, thinking "what the f..."..

2. Have created a bad impression of myself due to my moods and general vibe. Have been hard to be around at work because have been on razors edge. Not fair to the people i work with and most of all me, cos i'm not letting people "in".

Biggest short term reasons not to drink:

- Clearer head

- Better skin

- Not feeling hungover in the morning

- Better decision-making

- Better Quality of life
                  One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Determination;695112 wrote: Geat post - I will definitely refer back to this when I feel my resolve slipping.

I am just beginning and I am only 8 days AF. One of the things that I have noticed is that I feel more like "me". When I was drinking heavily - even when sober - I felt like a different person; I didn't know what happened to "me" and the things that I used to like doing. I thought that maybe it was an aging thing, and now I realize that it was due to the AL.

Anybody else experience something similar?
                    Yes, i have been wondering where the real me went :egad:
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Reasons not to drink

BB thanks for bumping. I needed to remind myself. It's all true for me too! It's just not worth it! It's just not worth it! Let's say it over and over and over! That one glass of wine (not) is just not worth it!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Getting the shits from too much wine.
                        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Eeeew! Good one Pheonix! ha ha

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Great thread!

I do not drink because:

1. ...of the time I woke up on morning in hospital strapped to the bed because I was so drunk I would have fallen out, and having no recollection of getting there by ambulance...

2. ...every morning I woke up after a binge, I knew in my heart and soul that I was destroying my body, my mind and my life...

3. ...I tell all my secrets to all the wrong people when drunk...

4. ...of all the times I passed out in the kitchen because I couldn't stand up in the mornings, and then coming around, in a cold sweat, still unable to stand up and praying no one would come in to the room and find me like that...

5. ...AL made me think that sitting in a blanket of smoke at 7 in the morning drinking the same beer as last week, listening to the same songs as last week, with the same people as last week was a normal, healthy social life...

6. ...I have the scars to prove AL doesn't suit my mind or my body...

7. ...of Jekyll and Hyde - I cannot be the person I want to be when I have AL in my life - drunk me ruins everything good that sober me tries to do...

8. ...there are too many more reasons to mention.
                            AF since 13th July 2010
                            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Neart ...... I will remind you of those if you get tempted to drink again :l:l:l
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Reasons not to drink

Please do, Betty...
                                Oh, and I loved your poem "just for today" - I printed it out and read it often, so thank you :l
                                AF since 13th July 2010
                                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X