Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th August

Good morning all.

I am feeling pretty sad here in all honesty. A lot of people have decided to back off from MWO recently. Thats totally understandable because obviously we cant live our lives through an internet forum. But it feels like what was once a solid ground for support and friendship has got very shaky. This is purely selfish I know and everyone should always do what is right for them.

On the plus side, the weather looks fabby and I am in work today...so all is not awful

Have a wonderful sober day everyone.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 17th August

Hello, starts and everyone else to come. Yes a few of our soldiers are leaving the army, I also can understand that everyone must do what's right for them. I just hope that they still keep MWO as a small part of their lives as leaving it was certainly my downfall.

Any way have a great day everyone
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Hi Zeppers
      Did you have a good weekend? Are you racing this week?

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Just a typical weekend for me Starts (without any alcohol though) just seeing the end of day 6 AF out.

Only one dog in tomorrow, and she's drawn a nice box for her so with any luck she might pick us up a cheque

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Morning Starts
          I am still here! I would say its perfectly normal for people to move on at some stage especially if the person has become comfortable with their AF/mod status so that they no longer depend on the support to get them and others through the initial ups and downs. Then it is up the newbies and those starting out to be the same support for each other that we all were when we started out. MWO seems to sort of rolls along on from year to year on that basis with those having some sucess in the short term (and usually being in the honeymoon period) supporting those just starting out and the oldies popping in now and then to give extra support. Seems like a good thing to me for peeps to take some time out to live their new found addiction free lives. You too of course! So dont be sad be glad as you have friends for life in the real world!
          After all addiction to anything is bad including MWO!
          M

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Hey Zep
            I thought of you when I saw the news headline about the murder threats at the greyhound racing! Well done on day 6 - soon you be in double digits. A beautiful day here today but just turned a bit chilly in the last hour or so.
            M

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Where abouts were the murder threats BH?

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Police are investigating after heavies allegedly made threats of murder at a greyhound race meeting last week.

The men allegedly threatened to kill one trainer's pregnant partner and a dog handler at Manawatu Raceway last Monday.

The men threatened handler Jake Woolston-Bell at Manawatu, then turned on trainer Stephen McInerney's partner Stacey Nissen.

They allegedly yelled "We'll chop your f---ing head off," a bystander who was scared to be named told the Sunday Star Times.

Woolston-Bell said they threatened to break all the bones in his body.

Police said no one had been arrested, but they were following strong leads.

Police were also called to further trouble at Wanganui's Hatrick Raceway last Wednesday.

Woolston-Bell alleged he and McInerney had been abused by an owner and he planned to lay a formal complaint with the greyhound association.

Wanganui police said they had spoken to several people about the incident, but were not likely to take any further action.

These were the latest incidents in a string of bad behaviour in the Central Districts over the past year.

Woolston-Bell and McInerney had both previously faced misconduct charges.

Greyhound Racing New Zealand board chairman Trevor Deed said he was devising an action plan to curtail the bad behaviour.

Some people were "behaving like idiots" and "we're going to put a stop to it", he said.

Mr Deed believed the higher stakes in greyhound racing would come with increased rivalry.

He also thought people were clashing over key issues, including alleged steroid use by some trainers.

Stipendiary stewards from around the country were meeting tomorrow in Wellington to discuss how to combat the behaviour.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Does not mention a Zeppie though so you are off the hook!
                  M

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

The police are following all leads! Dog lead I expect.
                    M

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Hey Boozy! Yes, you are right of course. Its just change always feels strange at first :-)
                      I know its good, I guess I just worry that if people move on they move on totally and dont bother keeping in touch. Just my insecurity complex i guess :-)

Zeppers, who is racing? Whats her name? I will send some good vibes over.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Thanks for that BH - yes the down side to racing really, when big money is involved things can get out of hand. It's more a north island thing, we don't have too many issues in the south thankfully.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

boozehag;694907 wrote: Does not mention a Zeppie though so you are off the hook!
                          M
                          Yes my dogs don't win enough to cause any friction with other trainers

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Over here we get terrible cruelty to greyhounds when they have finished their racing days. There is always a lot of outcry over that.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Her name is Milly Spice, Starts she only weighs 23kg (most bitches weigh about 26 - 28kg and dogs 32-38kg).

But what she lacks in weight she makes up for in determination.

Comment

Working...
                              X