Army Thread 17th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th August

That is very light for a greyhound isnt it? What colour is she?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Zep & Starts
      God I have too much time on my hands if I am reading about death threats at the greyhound racing track. Note to self.... get a life BH.... I love greyhounds too.
      M

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

startingover;694912 wrote: Over here we get terrible cruelty to greyhounds when they have finished their racing days. There is always a lot of outcry over that.
        We have a wonderful adoption programme here Starts - and heaps of people waiting for a greyhound as a pet. The joys of being a small country I guess. There are probably some trainers who view their dogs as only useful when they are winning, that's why the steriod use is rife over here.

For me they are my mates first and if I can earn enough to live off then thats great otherwise I just pick up a few more shifts at the pub. The day I stop giving a shit about my dogs is the day I give up.
        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Can we put money on her. That would be fun.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Zeppie2;694917 wrote: We have a wonderful adoption programme here Starts - and heaps of people waiting for a greyhound as a pet. The joys of being a small country I guess. There are probably some trainers who view their dogs as only useful when they are winning, that's why the steriod use is rife over here.

For me they are my mates first and if I can earn enough to live off then thats great otherwise I just pick up a few more shifts at the pub. The day I stop giving a shit about my dogs is the day I give up.
            Oh Zepps, that is lovely to hear and I had no doubts about your feelings towards your dogs.

Over here the kennels are overflowing with unwanted greyhounds (and other types) it is really heartbreaking. Greyhounds make wonderful pets.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

startingover;694914 wrote: That is very light for a greyhound isnt it? What colour is she?
              It's very small Starts although there was a bitch racing who weighed 22kg.

She's black

Here we are after our first win Attached files [img]/converted_files/1004450=5161-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Aww you both look lovely!
                OK I have a pic in my mind of her now. What time is she racing?

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

boozehag;694918 wrote: Can we put money on her. That would be fun.
                  She's in race 5 BH at 1.28pm

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

boozehag;694918 wrote: Can we put money on her. That would be fun.
                    Now Boozy what were you just saying about addictions????
                    Give up AL and turn into a gambler:H

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

LMAO Zeppers!
                      Would you like to speak to the gambling counsellor at the centre Boozy? :H

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Ooops I have brought last nights thread back to life! Meant to post on here!
                        I would never make a gambler I usually put the money into the slot machines and then press the button to refund the money and get all excited! Catch yez later.
                        M

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Have a great evening Boozy,
                          Your way of playing the slots is probably the best way
                          I like betting on the dishies because you can at least analyse form etc.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Right I'm away to the shop to get supplies to make the best iced coffee ever for my after tea "good girl snack". Have a great day (and night) everyone

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Good morning boozehag,zepps,and starts, and everyone else to come,not a bad morning out there,it is a bit sad when people decide to move on but hopefully they will keep in touch,Anyway we are still here and we still have got a huge army for support.keep positive & forward thinking.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 17th August

Army must be asleep,well i am of to the gym keep well & sober,i will chk in later,be happy its only monday

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X