The NextDayThread Wed 19th Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...just read through yesterdays thread...so Ronnie needs to put vegemite on her groin, Tawny's keeping track of down trou (mine firmly on, despite the very sore arse), Reggie seems to have a prosthetic leg thing going on(bringing Cinders outa the woodwork) and G is reporting his roots (you rock - go G) - S'good to be back!! Oh, and who was glad they weren't 'drinking like a Guns n Roses groupie'?? *chuckle*
    Bets, how are you today?? Sore??I love that sore feeling like you've worked. And noted on the gel saddle...I thought I might have to get those bike pants that look like your wearing a big pad (a la Kath & Kel in that episode where they did an ad for incontinence pads - do you get Kath & Kim overthere?? Prob not...)
    Hi! To everyone else and those I haven't met yet
    Have a lovely day everyone....I'm up to the usual stuff (training, stopping the rugrats from killing each other)
    Today will be AF for me - I've been modding really well- no more than 2 drinks at one time and smoking only on rare occasions (that's gotta stop completely)
    It feels good to put it out there - thanks for letting me babble!!
    Happy, sober day to all.

xo

Morning Angel and all to come,
    I also just read through yesterdays next day thread.... Floating limbs, ukeleles, vegemite... all too much for my little brain.
    Good on you Angel on the modding and AF. It's quite possible that without drinking as much, your remnant nicotine craving may also disappear, especially if you're only occassionally smoking.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything , but I accidentally came across these sandwiches. Hope the link works.
    Best Sandwich Art Ever | Masala Time

Comment

Morning Angel - my BP class is today, 1215 I feel quite nervous really, but need to push myself to get out of the house and do new things. Will report back later.....

Rags - I loved that link! I'm thinking I might manage to sneak a Hello Kitty sarnie into the Teens lunchboxes.

I'm AF this week after 'over moderating' last week. Feeling a bit sheepish.

Bets
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hello over there.

Angelcakes, I come out of the woodwork on this thread every once in a while. I recognize I don't really belong here, but shoot, that kind of thing never stopped me before anyway.

Rags, I love the link. I am bookmarking it so I can show it to #1 grandson who loves to cook. I think he and I will come up with some cool "sarnies?" for Halloween perhaps. It is fun to watch him destroy my kitchen. But at least he loves to cook. He will make some woman a great hubby one of these days. (Once I get the stinker to clean up after himself!!)

Sweaty, I saw your post on the Monthly Abs thread. Welcome!! It is a very nice group of people.

Looking back on my drinking career, it simply never occurred to me that my nightly intake of 3 - 5 glasses of wine was overindulging. One day I realized I was drinking more than that every night. That is when I tried to stop and the rollercoaster began. It has been sheer hell. However, now I realize that I was never a moderate drinker, not from the get-go. To me, 2 glasses of wine a night would be heaven. To you, it is over indulging. (I happen to agree with you, now, but in my past I would have just laughed at you.)

I am glad you realize what moderation really means and want to achieve it. Your life will be much better for it.

Sorry if I rambled but this is something I have been thinking about lately.

I'll sneak back into the woodwork again.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AC- you are funny as hell!
          i am so happy to have tomorrow off!
          the 21st. will be 2 years to the day i entered the hospital for surgery.
          my crotch is no longer a pest.

An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Good Arvo all,

Another brilliant day down here - had the log splitter set up in a perfect sun trap location and I think I've split enough to replace what I've burnt this winter. The mower's still not back from it's annual service ***grumpy*** and now the ute's gone in to the garage because it's sick. I very much regret never having learnt anything about mechanics.

Angel - you're sounding your usual hyper-active self - great job on the mods.

Rags - love, love, love the sangers link

Betts - did you survive the class?

Cinders - always lovely to see you. I remember reading that someone here used to drink one bottle of vodka per week and I thought "what - and that's a problem????" It seemed very little to me but I guess it's all relative. If I could have stuck to one bottle of brandy per week without adding the handbags of red and white wine and the tots of port for good measure - I wouldn't have gotten myself into such a fine mess.

Hi iirene and all to come - hope your day was as good as mine.

Comment

Hi All
              Hope you are all having a great day, well the doctor did'nt give me any vegemite (thank god) infact he did'nt give a damn thing!!!! I have just badley bruised it and it could take a few weeks to heal, I would'nt mind but he did'nt even say to rest it...... but I might tell just a little white fib to hubbie and make out that I have got to rest BIG TIME.....lol
              Just got back from a hospital app. with middle boy and eldest boy is still off sick, and youngest boy is at a friends house playing, so I am going to get the 2 boys off the wii game and watch my soaps for a bit.
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Good evening all -

I'd play on the sore groin thing too Ronnie - spin it out for as long as you can
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hi Zeppie
                  Yep I think I will, although I will still have to do everything myself but at least its a good excuse for not mopping the floors....
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

ronnie;696120 wrote: ...well the doctor did'nt give me any vegemite (thank god) infact he did'nt give a damn thing!!!!
                    Did he even look at it?

I'd get a second opinion.

Comment

Cinders, I love to see you outa the woodwork mate.

xo

Comment

Ronnie - Tiger Balm! But watch out for your 'sensitive' bits.

Pump was great! I didn't use very heavy weights, but because there wasn't any 'fancy footwork' or coordinating arms and legs etc. I think I could do it again. It's great to 'tick something off the list......

I feel I have to qualify my two glasses of wine a night worry. Previous to MWO it was quite often a bottle of wine a night and a couple of Gins. So whilst two doesn't sound much, it is too much for me now, it completely alters my mood/outlook.

Tawny, I bet you got a better workout from splitting wood than I did from Bpump. Unfortunately not much call for outdoor work here in Singers. I have planted a pot of tomato seeds though.....

from Betty in a Better Mood

xxx
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Evening all!
                          A grand day here weather wise, and good to be out and about in it. Great to see your obviously smiling face here again Angel! Balance in our lives, is important, i think. When it's all out of whack, we need to pull our head in. If we can't do that, (as was in my case) we need to stop that destructive behaviour, before it does too much damage, to us, our families, relationships, health, soul/spirit. Sure, it's a nice night for a ramble, but i'll close instead, with a note to Betty.
                          Betty. You 'think' you can just mosey on through the doors of that gym, and just do Pump again, do you? he he. Do not be fooled by Pump's simplicity my friend. I want you to think about the wild synchronicity that has just occured in your life. You have just partook of Pump, and you have just planted tomatoe seed. mmm........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening all,
                            Another passing parade of tradesmen today. How fun :H
                            This has also prompted me to do a full spring clean a la` Ronnie.
                            One could eat off the floor here. What a peculiar expression.
                            Hope all have had a satisfying day as well.
                            Nothing feels as good as a good day's work.........well except for Mr G's Saturday night experience.............hope you've called that girl Mr G........................
                            BridgeXXX
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;696254 wrote:
                              This has also prompted me to do a full spring clean a la` Ronnie.
                              One could eat off the floor here.
                              BridgeXXX
                              Who are you and what have you done to the real Bridge???
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X