What is your life's purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to influence (change in a small way) anyone's life. Make a difference, be remembered for doing more than the minimum. I actually believe that I have alreeady achieved that through my work and extracurricular interests, so if I die tomorrrow, I will die happy. I'm not planning to die though: there are still more lives to be touched.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Phil.
      I am thinking now that my addictions were in a roundabout way my lifes purpose. I had enough of them to give me a clue !!!
      I am now volunteering in an addiction centre and planning to go back to studying this autumn.
      From working in a bank in the IT dept where I wasnt at all happy to working with people with pretty sever issues is a total turnaround and one that I never thought I would see. BUT essentially I am feeling more comfortable there than I ever did in the bank.
      So maybe this is my lifes purpose. I am certainly happier than I have ever been before.
      Great post Phil!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well phil another great thought provoking post. what is my life,s purpose, I hope i know now, I thought i knew before, how wrong i was. I am now on a path of giving a lot back to life and am enjoying it, even though it can still be tough i am still only learning, hope to be in collage in september for addiction studies,never thought ever would i be back in collage for what ever reason. so my life is going full circle even though i still feel a bit lost. if its for me its for me.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X