Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies

I just finished watching the movie called "The Betty Ford Story". I was just channel surfing and came across it on an obscure network. It was made back in the 80's, but it was pretty good. I was born in the early 70's and knew very little about the Ford's, but assuming the movie is accurate it will give you a great appreaciation not only for Betty's courage, but how the support of a family can be instrumental on making things right.

I am not a big AA guy, but I also saw the movie "My Name is Bill W." a few years ago and I highly recommend this movie as well, even just for the entertainment value.

I think my new favorite show on TV right now is Hell's Kitchen. That is definitely on my DVR and can't wait for it to come on each week. Gordon Ramsey is F---ing awesome. .

I am pretty new here so I hope this post about movies and TV is not inappropriate.

Hope everyone is having a good night (east coast US)/ day depending on where you are.

GP

Movies

Thanks Golfpro. I hadnt heard of either of those films and they sound right up my street.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Movies

Hey Golfpro, not at all inappropriate.
      These sound good - I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Movies

I loved 28 days with Sandra Bullock.
        Hi Angel!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Movies

Big emphasis on the F---ing for Gordon Ramsey :H
          I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Movies

Ooooh, I loved that one too Satrts....anything with drunks/substance abuse I love,I guess it's 'coz I can relate!! I love a bit of mental health issues & tragedy too...but not gory horror. I couldn't do the Saw movies - the whole concept freaks me the f**k out.

Comment

Movies

Hi all

Another good film to watch about alcoholism if you haven't already seen it - When a man loves a woman with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia

Comment

Movies

Luv F---ing Ramsey! I also love Robert. Hope he's ok.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Movies

When a man loves a woman was an awesome movie!

another Gordan Ramsey fan here.
                  AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Movies

Not yet in production.....ha! but I like to see this one when it comes out ! Ha! IAD. (Godzilla vs. Barney & The Teletubies....IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Movies

cant wait for x factor!!

Comment

Movies

Leaving Las Vegas with Nicolas Cage....drank himself to death on purpose! scary!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Movies

I took my wife to see this movie....being the good boy that I can be sometimes ! ha ! Yes it's a "Chick Flick" but marrage is full of compermises ! ha! I must admit I do enjoy some cooking shows....and like Julia Childs....very good movie ! Here, here ! ha! IAD.
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Movies

Brightlite - I always seem to watch Leaving Las Vegas when ever I come across it. Not really sure why. Excellent movie, but very depressing.

Comment

Movies

Golfpro, I agree. It is a little scary that someone would just give up and drink himself to death. At least, here, everyone keeps on fighting. Anyway, STAY ALIVE... I WILL FIND YOU! Oh wait that is a different movie..lol.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                              X