DUI advice greatly appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, its been so long that I had to re register. I used to go by paranoid. So mu husband just dropped a bomb on me. Apparently when I was out of town last week he went to pick up his bro at the airport and they decided o go have a beer. He is saying he had two. He blew .15. I am wondering if anyone can offer advice on things to be done before he goes to court? Like getting himself into alcohol classes or anything like that. He is probably going to lose his job even if he can get it reduced.

Saw,

His story is not going to hold water with any court. It takes 5 - 7 drinks in order to get to a .15 BAC.

I would definitely get a lawyer and see what the lawyer suggests. Having had two kids with DUIs, you will spend less money overall if you get a lawyer, than if you try to handle this yourself.

I speak from personal experience.

Good luck with it.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Just spoke o husband again. He said in th field it was .94 at the station it was higher but the officer admitted that the read was not correct.

Comment

They're doing a huge crack down in our state right now so I don't think there is much hope. I hope my kids don't find out and that he can find a new job. He had a great career bu he would not slow down.

Comment

.150 is about 6-7 drinks. It would have been higher at the station because it takes time for the alcohol to enter the bloodstream. It means he drank right before he was pulled over.
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

What state do you live in? It seems some states concentrate on "how" drunk you are more than others...in South Carolina we are a no tolerance state. If you blow .08...you're drunk. Mine as well blow .25...they don't care "how" drunk you are...you are DRUNK nonetheless. NO attorney goes in there saying my client was only a little drunk. EVER....but, I have read on here numerous times that in many states it does matter. There are different laws in different states. Get an attorney!!! Either way this is going to cost a pretty penny. I am not even going to tell you how much I WASTED....because I do not know where you live.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
            X