A new forum – “The dirtbox” – or “Cat litter tray”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to review this tomorrow, but what the hell, I may as well encourage others by making myself look stupid, it has been a lifelong habit.
    Sorry in advance.

I?ll get to the point in a long while ? or jump to the end.

AF for 13 days, apart from a month 3 years ago, never done more than 1 night a year without alcohol.

I have been strong and didn?t even think of a drink until 2 days ago.
    Out in the car early evening (when I used to call into a shop for it), started getting desperate for a drink. I drank so much water that I went home instead for the lavatory, wishing I could have got some.
    I had conditioned myself to 3 litres of strong cider on most good days, given half a chance it would be a bottle of very strong red or white wine to accompany it, it lasted all evening if I had a small glass.

Now I have a craving for a bottle of whisky or brandy, and getting completely wasted. I haven?t drank that stuff for years, it?s gone in half an hour and I drink far too much in so short a time, when it hits I am completely gone.
    Also whisky makes me bad tempered late at night, and the spirits just stench the place with every breath, so I couldn?t work the next day. ( as if other alcohol isn?t noticed by people ? is it ?)

Anyway, reading posts, I have convinced myself that it is ok to fall off the wagon, pop a post on, get support for the days I?ve done, then try again. Ok, you?ll say that it?s all good mixed in the same pot ? it?s only a suggestion.

So I have talked myself into buying my wife a bottle of wine, which I knew I could finish, accompanied by 5 pints of 7.5% nasty white cider to finish the job.

So here I am, 10pm, half way through it, and I?ve no doubt I?ll finish it all.
    I?m fine now, but will feel rather silly tomorrow.

Are there any feisty ladies out there going to give me a good verbal spanking ?

My point ? a new forum where not so proud of themselves people can go and admit they succumbed to the old problem. I am not blaming the forum, far from it, but seeing a lot of people start again has sort of made me feel it?s ok, and I want to be disgusted with myself instead. Looks like I?ll have to spank myself again then.

Believe me , a cats litter tray is the last place I want to be. (nasty)

Sorry to bore you all, but thanks.

Tough love is hard to dish out to someone on the other side of the world that you don't really know...but I'll give it a whirl...
    You're a dick and you drank when you knew better.
    Don't do it again.

Thank me later.
    xo

Comment

Not a

Dick. Someone who is struggling and looking for help. Being called a dick I don't think is all that helpful.

Comment

It is up to you...no one here can MAKE you stop. We aren't the ones with the hangover missing work tomorrow.....YOU ARE! Keep doing what you have always done and you will keep getting what you have always gotten. I don't think we are in the business of beating each other up here. We aren't your parent....when you are ready to quit...there is tons....boatloads of support here!!!!!!!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Adi,
          Just get back on the wagon. The choice is yours, you can't depend on others being nasty and shaming you to be AF.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks ladies and gentlemen,
            still haven't finished the bottle and have put the baked potatoes in the micro.
            I hope I'll be stronger for this tomorrow.

Comment

Adi....from someone that has had more hangover than I care to remember...drink some water, eat some food!!!!!! You will be better for it in the morning. Pour the REST OF THE BOTTLE OUT....my God it is poison.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Thanks stop and angelcakes ad everyone,

but Agelcakes got my drift,

she or he is on the otherside of the world, but is hearing me.

I'm going to have to eat, or my seat is going to squeak.

adi

Comment

Hi Adi,

A large part of my adult life has been like one certain scene from the movie “Top Gun”. It’s the scene where Maverick accidently flies through the Iceman’s jetwash and Maverick’s engines flame out. Maverick looses control of the plane and it heads out to sea in a flat spin. The cockpit alarms are sounding and emergency warning lights are flashing. The altimeter needle madly races counterclockwise as the plane falls from the sky. Maverick is wrestling with the control stick and trying to stabilize the aircraft. “She won’t recover… she won’t recover” Maverick grunts into the oxygen mask as the g-forces tear at his body. Goose grunts back, “Stay with it Maverick… hang on to her”. They spin and spin and spin. Goose tries to punch them out. They hit the water. Maverick lives but Goose does not.

Adi – grab the stick and recover your aircraft. Goose is counting on you. You’re going to fly through jetwash again in the future. That’s the way it is for us. Yet we still must grab that stick and recover before we hit the water. When Goose is gone, it’s forever.

E-

Comment

Thanks Goose,
                    Actually I am going to eat now.
                    No excuses but my twin boys aged 8, are in a football club,
                    they didn't tell me anything since close of season in July.
                    I sent an email about the new season and they said I was too late to register.
                    My boys are very competative as twins are, but hey deserve a chance.

I was glad though, last season every child played x games, my twins shared their part, - every child matters ??

Comment

I'm glad you got my drift Adi - I don't actually think you're a dick - far from it!!
                      I hope you feel better tomorrow.

xo

Comment

Good post, Adi - being thoroughly disgusted with ourselves is the greatest start we have to make us get our act together.

Consider yourself further verbally spanked.

Comment

Working...
                        X