Army Thread 29th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 29th August

Waving_not_drowning;704100 wrote: What is your DIY project Tip?
    The room where the break-in happened needs to be repainted. Burglar bars and plaster has been fixed, so I guess I need to finish it up. Mrs. T is going to buy the new curtains today.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

I've got to run. House slave at the door - see all of you later :-)
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Why don't you hire a painter?

If you need any Tips, Tip, feel free to ask, I am a painter and decorator, remember?
        What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Ta Ta..
          What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Me too, I have the family descending today...
            Gotta throw out the red carpet for them....
            Last night I was choosing wine for the meal today, I was surprised how agitated I got about it.
            Luckily it passed, but I guess those thoughts arent going to go completely are they?
            Anyway, I got myself some other unhealthy treats to pacify me :-)
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Morning you nutters!
              What on earth is everyone doing awake so early on a weekend??!!

Starts, why are you choosing the wine? What's the occassion?

Wavey, yesterday we put in the ceiling and cornicing and I'm now ready for you to hop over the pond with your magic paintbrush:-)

Today is rugby, and more rugby.
              As much as I enjoy watching it, it really does waste a whole day!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Hi Deeberooney!
                How are you feeling?

SA are playing today arent they?

Monday is my birthday so the family are coming around to celebrate it today as I will be too busy packing on Monday.

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Oh the 31st is the squirells bithday 'eh?
                  Hmmmmmm.........(plotting and planing an on-line party)

Yip, SA are playing in Perth today so the game starts at lunch time our time, which means the guys (and a lot of the girls) start drinking from the middle of the day.
                  Then at 3pm our provincial side THE SHARKS are playing so that's another reason for the boys to crack open a beer *sigh*
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Oh the 31st is the squirells bithday 'eh?
                    Hmmmmmm.........(plotting and planing an on-line party)

Yip, SA are playing in Perth today so the game starts at lunch time our time, which means the guys (and a lot of the girls) start drinking from the middle of the day.
                    Then at 3pm our provincial side THE SHARKS are playing so that's another reason for the boys to crack open a beer *sigh* By dinner time things start looking very messy

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Yep, this will be my second birthday without alcohol. My last one was very enjoyable though. I wonder why it becomes a bigger deal at birthdays and Christmas, after all, its just another day.

I feel for you in those sporting occasions, do you think you will be OK?

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Waving_not_drowning;704104 wrote: Why don't you hire a painter?

If you need any Tips, Tip, feel free to ask, I am a painter and decorator, remember?
                        Thanks Wavey - will do. Should be a fairly simple job, though. Just priming the new plaster work, then 2 fresh coats - same colour as previously.

Strange as it may sound, I decided to do this myself. My work entails "intangible" stuff, so its sometimes nice to do something that is tangible. Its satisfying to look at the result and know that you did it, if you understand what I mean. Its going to take me about 4 or 5 times longer than a professional, though.

When we bought our very 1st house and had very little money, I renovated the whole place over time. I still miss the place - Art Deco detailing, with wooden floors and high ceilings, with all the original picture rails etc. intact. I took me over 6 months, in all. But it felt great...
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

There is something deeply satisfying about doing practical stuff isnt there?

OK, I must get my butt moving....
                          See you guys later!

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Good Morning Army, I thought that I would be the thread starter but I hadent reckoned with the insomniacs!!! Starts celebrating your bday today with family, have a great day. Tips take it easy on the decorating, we wouldnt want u to do any damage to urself It seems like a dull dark breezy morning here but I am going for a walk by the sea front now. I love walking when evreryone is asleep! Have a wonderful sober day everyone.

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

everyone gone back to sleep!

Comment

Army Thread 29th August

Morning Irish! Yes, i think the nutters have one for a morning nana nap lol!

The daughter spent an impromptu night at a friends house last night so I had to quickly take her some clothes, toiletries and most importantly, the hair straightener!! Her day cannot begin without it.
                                On my way there I saw a huge herd of Wildebeest -- what an amazing sight to start my weekend off:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X