Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE NEXT DAY...AND APPARENTLY THE DAY AFTER 29 Aug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh for God's sake...it's 6.30pm.....don't all rush at it.......
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Arvo all ... umm - just a thought ... as there's not that many of us posting on the daily Next Day thread - how about on ongoing monthly thread, maybe starting on Sept 1? As I said - it's just a tiny thought I hatched in my tiny brain.

Had a nice day here - loads of rain so read papers, did crosswords, ate comfort food and just finished watching DVD of Gran Torino. So, basically, an enjoyable Pink Dress Day was had by I myself personally.

OK Bridge. I've reported in.

Anybody else out there????

Comment

I thought I'd lend a friendly hand from Saffa-land to help get the thread populated :-)
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

How about a hand from the UK? :-)
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Tipster ... but I think Oz may be closed today. No sure. Last seen, Wavey was putting his baby fish into a holding pen; Ronnie was cleaning; Rags was riding her bike; Mr. G was brimming with enthusiasm; Angel was spinning ....

Comment

(I HATE x-posting. Hi Starts!)

Comment

Thinking about Bridge's funeral experience the other day makes me want to relate a story. It seems, around these parts, we have 'professional' funeral attendees. I found this out after talking to an undertaker dude. He told me that some people get nicely dressed and attend services of people they don't know. They respectfully sit through the service and then enjoy the after-funeral snacks.

At first I thought this bizarre but on reflection - how good is this? Lonely, (usually elderly people) get dressed up, sit through a lovely service listening to obits of people they've never met and then get something to eat. And the family of the deceased are surprised because they never knew 'Bert' had so many friends.

I went to one funeral where a lovely old gent was passing sandwiches around at the wake in the family home. He did a wonderful job keeping the food circulating. Days later I asked the widow who was that lovely old bloke with the sangers and she didn't have a clue. Never met him before. Seems he was some sort of self-appointed wake waiter.

I think that's lovely.

Comment

The Shag on the rock reporting in ... play date with one of daughters so called fiends... think Faruka Salt on Willi wankers chokky factory ... I want a drink I want chips are you going to buy us those biscuits ..my dada got one of those and its bigger than yours Ive gotta a Wii daddy just saved the world... Dropping her off I had a smile resembling Luna Park or a creepy Heath Ledger joker make up gone wrong type smile... any way salts parents said well ring you ... my thought was when Im comfy in hell you will
                Reggie

Comment

Hi there shag on rock Reggie ... bet you're glad THAT'S over!

Comment

Yes tawny professional mourners look up seek .com . first key selection critera " must have high level professional empathy"

Comment

You lot do recount good stories!
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Tawny dropping her off was a big lift off from this old shags rock i can TELL YOU sorry to scream ... that little girl has her life mapped out in front of her at 8 years old...mind you .... I sense a head line in the Herald Hun paper when Im in my elderly years... "Faruka salt is our new prime minister" then this shag finally falls off his rock never to return
                        reggie

Comment

Reggie;704167 wrote: The Shag on the rock reporting in ... play date with one of daughters so called fiends... think Faruka Salt on Willi wankers chokky factory ... I want a drink I want chips are you going to buy us those biscuits ..my dada got one of those and its bigger than yours Ive gotta a Wii daddy just saved the world... Dropping her off I had a smile resembling Luna Park or a creepy Heath Ledger joker make up gone wrong type smile... any way salts parents said well ring you ... my thought was when Im comfy in hell you will
                          Reggie
                          :H:H:H you crack me up mate....
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Geez Reggie - I had to google Veruca Salt. Tragic, I know. My knowledge of Dahl sort of stops after The Twits. So sad.

Comment

I'm going to employ people to populate this thread
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X