Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else find drinking started with PND??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey ladies,

I was ok with the baby stuff it's the teens and twenties that drove me to drink. I have 5 kids and all the personalities get really stress ful. Best wishes to all. Its not easy but we can do it.

Sparrow

Comment

I was gumming alcohol long before kids. Don't really know the effect that it had per se.
      What really exacerbated the problem was a little adventure with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Not the same thing, but still related to depression, which I also have/had.
      In the end I resisted anti depressants so much that my Dr said very much the same thing. Why was I resisting something which I clearly needed, and in fact a lot of Drs take themselves. It's either that, or don't practice...
      Bridge
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

It defo had an effect on me...I had PND very bad after my first child..I thought drinking took the edge off but it was really after my second child that the nightly drinking started....I was convinced that it made me feel better and it was something to look forward to at the end of a stressful day (anyone with small kids can identify how stressful a day can be)
        I was prescribed AD's after each of the 3 biths but was too scared to take them ( I think they are still in the cudboard)..but I thought nothing of 6 shots of vodka a night....I am so glad that is behind me now and altho my kids are still so young and days are still stressful, I manage 100 times better than I ever did while drinking but it took a long time for me to figure that out.....
        Drinking, for me was the only thing I had.....and I saw it as a release...now I see it as a prison where I resided for years. I am now a free woman and loving it.
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Wow One!
          Our stories are so similar....I used AL in exactly the same way! What I did not realise when I was originally put on Anti-d's was that I was only using the minimum dose! (Which at the time I thought was a good thing) But later learnt that for me to get the most benefit of the anti-d I had to use it about mid-range/strength! Once I did that then I felt heaps better!
          Still doesn't explain why I kept drinking though..but methinks by then it was a habit/addiction!! Thanks to MWO I am hoping I am beating that addiction and like you living and loving my life again.
          Loving being a Mum,think motherhood is the ultimate thrill-ride and the greatest love-affair I've ever had!!! But for the Dad's, on Sunday in Oz it's Father's Day...so well done to all the Dad's!!
          Chicken

Comment

Working...
          X