Should I tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I tell?

limers;800079 wrote: I would never tell, specially if he has as! If he ever sees you drinking he will embarress the living day lights out of you! The most I would do is casually mention one evening you were thinking of cutting back on the vino and see if he has any opinions on that, he prob wont. Good luck Ak, ive no doubt you are doing a great job at raising your son , try not to worry so much.
    I couldn't agree more! My stepdaughter has AS, and I would never have told her anything like that. Are you sure he's noticed? Most AS kids I've known are so into their own little world.. I bet he has issues with the other kids at school, frustration over not being able to read the social clues that come so easily to others. I know my stepdaughter was teased mercilessly. Well, she still is actually, she just has a tougher shell now. Unless you are prepared for him to bring up your drinking anywhere at anytime with anybody as if its the most normal thing in the world, I wouldn't go there. I know my dear stepdaughter would go up to complete strangers and tell them very personal stuff. Just my 2 cents. Having an Aspie kid is a challenge, for sure! She was SO into Pokemon for a while we used to have a rule: NO POKESPEAK AT THE TABLE! Seriously, our eyes would be glazing over and she'd just keep chattering on about pikachu this, charmander that.... Eek!
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
    X