One Day at a time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Day at a time.

Working from 'one day at a time' allows me to be more realistic about what I can do about any given situation, it gets rid of the constant stress and urgency. Today, I realise that no problem will last forever, I used to feel that I had to tackle everything together immediately and I felt in a constant state of tension. Now I know that everything passes eventually the happiness as well as the sadness. When I feel that I need to respond urgently to something today I ask myself 'What can I do about this right here right now'. This question puts the issue into perspective for me and shows me what part of the difficulty is beyond my control at this particular time. I can cope more effectively with stressful situations when I am realistic about my responsibilities e.g. I can stop drinking for one day to day who knows what may happen to morrow. All I know is that I have the tools to face todays challenges. Just for today I will not drink!

One Day at a time.

Irish, I love this approach as it seems to be the only on which works for me, I have tried many , many times the 'NEVER AGAIN' approach only for it to seem to huge, too monumentous a task for me, that overwhelms me so much that when I abondon it I succumb to my failure and hammer myself!! Nonsence, thank you Irish, just for today I will not drink.

Comment

One Day at a time.

limers;708300 wrote: Irish, I love this approach as it seems to be the only on which works for me, I have tried many , many times the 'NEVER AGAIN' approach only for it to seem to huge, too monumentous a task for me, that overwhelms me so much that when I abondon it I succumb to my failure and hammer myself!! Nonsence, thank you Irish, just for today I will not drink.
      The only one that works for me too!

Comment

One Day at a time.

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow hasn't happened. Live in the now. Thanks, Irish.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

One Day at a time.

Irish and Limers, sometimes I have to work with the "next 10 minutes" rule. Sometimes, one day seems to huge an undertaking. So I break it down.... till the ad break is over....10 minutes.....till the tv programme is over......after my shower......tidy the kitchen....anything! If it works, I dont break it!

Comment

One Day at a time.

Great thoughts and words Irish - you sum it all up so well.

Good job!

Comment

One Day at a time.

really needed to hear that now

Great reminder. I will try to think about - what can I do about this right now? -

Comment

One Day at a time.

Thanks for the words Irish!
                Some days that wisdom really helps me through.............
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X