Army Thread 7th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Tip. It sounds like you are learning what triggers these feelings and are choosing to deal with them instead of picking up a bottle. It took me a while for the penny to drop personally and last week I could have blown all my good work in an instant after some bad news but I didnt. I guess if we are here then we need to learn and grow.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

And even though I'm fully covered, it PISSES me off that relatively minor damage can cost fecking US$3700 to repair.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh hi, Grim. I was just venting a little. You're right, KT. We must constantly keep learning. And NEVER become complacent.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I hope your day was tolerable, Grimmy?
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tip and how much would picking up that bottle cost you in terms of your self respect? Let it go, s**t happens.
            This is a constant battle, some days are great others not so but the good days become more and more frequent. I will never let down my guard, I cant and wont go back to where I was six months ago, I will not accept that life any more.
            Hi Grim whats cookin?

Comment

Hi Tiggy, Grim and KTab,

Tip, I'm glad you and Mrs T got home OK. Car repairs are hellova expensive, quite the rip off. But try not to let it get to you - you all came out of it unharmed, thank God, the insurance cover everything, and the other driver wasn't abusive. Well done for staying away from AL.

I seem to remember that GG was going boating?

How are you both, Grim and KTab?

Comment

Hey Tip, Hey KTAB, all good here thanks.

Tippers, sorry to hear about the accident this morning! Glad that you didn't let complacency give you a bitch slap!

Hello Birdie! How are you (my favorite Bloemfonteinian )?
                'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Hey, Birdie! Yep, you guys are right. Let's bounce right along to more positive things
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi Sunbird I am grand thanks for asking. I trust this evening finds you well.
                    I will have to leave the SA buddies to it, as dinner is on the table (no plates) groan.....

Comment

KTAB;710338 wrote: Hi Sunbird I am grand thanks for asking. I trust this evening finds you well.
                      I will have to leave the SA buddies to it, as dinner is on the table (no plates) groan.....
                      Bon Appetit KTAB!
                      'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

The one positive thing is that we had pizza in the week. Dad scored brownie points from the cubs & I didn't have to cook. Mrs. T just can't make decent food...
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;710340 wrote: The one positive thing is that we had pizza in the week. Dad scored brownie points from the cubs & I didn't have to cook. Mrs. T just can't make decent food...
                          You had better hope Mrs. T doesn't read your posts tip, you'll get into trouble for that one!

Comment

Mmmm. And you guys thought she was perfect? Or maybe the flaw maketh perfection?
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Nah, we both know our limitations. E.g. I'm not allowed near the dishwasher, because my packing technique sucks...
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;710343 wrote: Mmmm. And you guys thought she was perfect? Or maybe the flaw maketh perfection?
                                He doeth uttereth sage truths.....

Comment

Working...
                                X