Its Quitting Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Quitting Time

just wishing you quit & snap the best of luck in your new af life,you have lots of great support here as i am sure you are well aware of:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Its Quitting Time

I just wanted to say a great big Thank You :thanks: to all of you lovely people for your kind words and support.

I read somewhere posted by doggygirl about how we (as opposed to 'normal' drinkers) think about drink all day long and can't consider the possibility of enjoying one glass of wine. I do that! Even this morning having had my first AF day in months, the first thing I could think about is how I'm going to avoid craving a drink this evening. I have already thought about cheating - and had to give myself a good 'imaginery' slap.

I remember giving up smoking many years ago and it was a very good many months before I didn't spend my day thinking about not smoking. For those of you have been AF for a considerable time - how long does it take for you to have 'normal' thoughts - where a drink doesn't even register in your mind for a whole day or two?

I would so love to be in that place!!

Snap x
      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Well Kids yesterday went fine - and todays gonna be good also cause there's none in the house. Driving home wasn't bad either. I focused on how much I don't want to wake up dizzy and tired tomorrow and how I'm gonna read some books Ive been enjoying. The only thing now is I'm gonna have some stomach issues and other things as I detox but if it gets really bad I have some IBS meds which will calm things down a bit. But for today - I'm AF and gonna stay sober.

Thats 1 in the bag and one on the way! Hang in there Snaps, we can do this. - Q

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Hey QT,

The first thing you need to do is NOT buy the flavored seltzer...splerge with fresh lemon, trust me.

I am struggling with you...I have a very important court date (custody) on Friday, but untill then I really don't see a way out other than what I am doing. That being said, I am not a good support for you, but I hear and feel your pain.
          Please listen to the stronger people of us here on MWO.
          Best to you!
          Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Good to hear you have one down QT. I hope this evening goes OK for you.

You hang in there too Colbe, you are fighting a good fight for yourself.

Snapdragon, it does take some time. For me, it was around the 60 day mark before I didn't think about a drink every day after work. Everyone has different time lines though. Good luck to you.
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Tonight was a tough nite - the Vino Choir was singing up a storm all the way home and then they started again when I was cooking supper - it was all I could do to not jump in the car and hit the packie for a bottle - but I took a IBS med instead that has a tranq in it - that shut the choir up. I had some pain going on anyway in the bow wow wowls. But this really sucked tonight. Told ya day 3 would be nasty.

PS day two went fine. I hope my buddy is doing ok - havent heard from you Snap! How ya doin?

Comment

Its Quitting Time

I'm so proud of you - QT - you've done great. Keep it up. I've PM'd you my failure tonight, but I stand with you/and by you regardless - lets hope tomorrow is a better day for me - but lets hope your resolve is even stronger! You can beat this - we WILL beat this together. Snap X :l

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Hey guess what? Everyone somewhere is on day one! Including myself! Being a wife, your wife Loves you, and only you, not how much you can drink in so many seconds. Please believe this, because, I'm going through the same with my husband. She's probably just worried, don't let that bother your spirit.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Don't mean to hijak the thread, but which IBS med? (I have fairly frequent attacks.)

Comment

Its Quitting Time

I'm glad to see you checking in QT. I will be here tomorrow, let me know if you need a chat or whatever, you are doing great. xo Beth
                      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Its Quitting Time

Right QT - Here I am this morning with a miserable hangover and feeling like a total failure. But hey ho - lets brush the dust off and start again.

Three days for you today :thumbs: well done - you're a star!! How do you feel? I bet you don't feel rubbish like me - heavy headed, sick, stomach ache, miserable etc etc. If the dreaded AL mocks you and starts calling out to you - just remember how horrible it is to feel like this!

Good luck to you today for another AF day QT - hope the sun is shining on you.

Snap X

Comment

Working...
                        X