Alcohol Neuropathy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Neuropathy

I'm interested in hearing from people who have recovered. This condition is new to me, 30 days ago I needed a wheelchair and I'm now able to walk thanks to bcomplex shots and vitamin pills of every kind and something called Felicita.

I still have serious burning pain on the soles of my feet but that area is diminishing. I'd like to know if complete recovery is possible and how long it could take?

Background: I used to have a nightcap but as my tolerance grew, I drank more and more until I was drinking straight vodka all the time without much effect. Of course, I needed more if it's not having the effect, saw nothing wrong with it and didn't appear to suffer. That went on for years, chugging from the bottle as if it was lemonade.

Pain in my legs began when exercising and soon became so bad I stopped doing it

Then my feet just about exploded, I couldn't walk more than 200 yds total in a day.

I quit drinking immediately without twitching and I never saw rubber bats on elastic.

So will I ever play the bagpipes?

Thanks - rev
Working...
X