little disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little disappointed

Well i just got reply from college,due to the number of applicants we are sorry but you were not successful this time but.................But it certainly is not the end of my world and i will continue to educate myself about this poison,On a positive note if this was before i would be in the pub getting slaughtered and drowning my sorrows,but instead i am here telling all my friends.:-) Never regret, if its good its wonderful, if its bad its experience

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

little disappointed

Great attitude, Mario!

Comment

little disappointed

Ah sorry to hear that Mario. That is a kick in the teeth but can you persure other avenues?
      You should feel proud of your attitude, you are showing a perfect example of how we need to handle our disappointments instead of drowning our sorrows. I would have taken that response in the past too but that would have only made the situation worse. Our problems are still there in the morning when we wake up with the hangover from hell.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

little disappointed

Sorry to hear, Mario, but what is great is that attitude of yours! We can all learn from it.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

little disappointed

Sorry to hear your bad news Mario but must say I'm proud of your attitude to it.

Comment

little disappointed

Sorry to hear your news. But what a great attitude.

Onwards and upwards, dear friend.

Love Jackie xxx
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

little disappointed

So sorry to hear this mario but fair feckin play on the upbeat outlook, we could all learn something from you!

xxxxxx
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

little disappointed

Mario, so sorry about your news. Someone once said to me tha pain and dissapointment in life is inevitable but suffering is optional. When I learned this i was better able to endure the dissapointment and move on. Better things out there for you man!

Comment

little disappointed

G'day Mario,
                  I have applied for courses too, in recent year's, and am fortunate to be currently studying pt. time. There has always been more folk's applying, than actual places, and they often use lot's of different criteria for entry. I know that some course co-ordinator's look for a certain 'mix' of people for the classroom. If they didn't have their quota of tattooed, motorbike riding, 40 something boofhead's, then i'd be in. So keep at it. Keep applying in the field you wish to study in. Persistance, and don't forget we have to work for the worthwhile stuff, non?
                  Best wishes, and look forward to hearing about your next application/course enrolment.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

little disappointed

Hi Mario,
                    I am sorry to hear your news, but I am loving your attitude to it! Never give up trying though, I always believe things happen for a reason and maybe at the moment that reason isnt apparent but if you keep on going, you will get what you want. Maybe there is a better course out there for you? I have looked at a number of courses in addiction so far, there are many and they are all subtly different.
                    You are a determined man and I am sure you will be studying and / or working in the field in the not too distant future.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

little disappointed

Hi Mario,

I'm with startingover, i believe that things happen for a reason. This door has closed but i'm confident with that great attitude another one will open for you soon.

keep at it, never give up! you will make your dreams come true.
                      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

little disappointed

Hang in there Mario,
                        Something good is sure to come your way very soon!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

little disappointed

What starty said!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

little disappointed

mario;710586 wrote: Well i just got reply from college,due to the number of applicants we are sorry but you were not successful this time but.................But it certainly is not the end of my world and i will continue to educate myself about this poison,On a positive note if this was before i would be in the pub getting slaughtered and drowning my sorrows,but instead i am here telling all my friends.:-) Never regret, if its good its wonderful, if its bad its experience
                            hi mars, good attitude,positve thinkiing instead of negative thots have a great day something else will happen in your life,you do have us gyco

Comment

little disappointed

Bugger closed doors Mario...
                              If I miss out on something, I make a complete pain in the arse of myself.
                              Phone them and ask them nicely to give you feedback.
                              When are they offering the course again ?
                              Is there an eligibility list for if someone drops out ?
                              Can they give you any feedback about what criteria they are selecting from ?
                              Is there another college offering the same or a similar course ?
                              Just let em know you're dead keen, and not just applying for 3 courses then deciding if you're really interested.
                              If something does come up, I'll bet it's YOUR name that pops into their mind.....y'know ?
                              Let me know if I can help (write a letter, whatever)
                              Bridge.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X