Hypnosis or Hocus Pocus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypnosis or Hocus Pocus?

Hello to All on this very fine tuesday- She says as Gale force winds threaten to carry the house away.
    I was wondering if anyone had ever been to a hypnosis session for abstaining from or moderating their drinking and if so I would love to hear of your experience...
    Cheers S X :h
    I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Hypnosis or Hocus Pocus?

Gidget, I haven't been to group hypnosis, but self-hypnosis CD's have helped me immensely. Mainly b/c they teach me how to relax, not one of my gifts!, and to LISTEN to myself, and give myself time to think about what and why I would want to pick up. Like the farmer said when he hit his mule with the 2X4, "I've just got to get his attention". That's the way my mule brain works; something HAS to get its attention, then another positive choice may be presented.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hypnosis or Hocus Pocus?

Hi Gidget, I am seeing a hypnotherapist at the moment, I have found it amazing. I have had 4 sessions so far and will have a further 2. It mostly deals with the reasons for drinking, I am having what is termed hypnoanalysis. Since I started the therapy I have been sleeping better, and although I'm on medication to help me stop drinking I have had no desire to drink during the past 2 months. I would recommend it, just make sure you get a reputable therapist.

Comment

Working...
      X