Army Thread 10th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO JC..I only have one teabag...Jesus, you crack me up..
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It's true!

I'm not going to spend Mr J C's hard earned money on a whole box until I know If I like them.

On the other hand he could get a second job.

J x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Troopers.....
        'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Geez Jackie, brew the thing and sip it and see if it needs anything, right?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

But I'm a milk and honey person myself.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey grim
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Grim ,Hi Green eyes,

Can't believe I'm stressing over a damn teabag.

I never seemed to have trouble with a bottle of red wine.

J x
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening All

Comment

In that case, we'd better make sure we get the best value out of the measly little teabag (I've gone through 4 since I got home tonight, woman!)

Some say Rooibos is an acquired taste (although I grew up with it, so I wouldn't know).

I suggest you do the following:

For your 1st cup, just dunk the bag in a mug of hot water, AFTER having rinsed the mug with a little boiling water (I'm a stickler for detail - except with AL - I would drink anything). Allow it to steep for no longer than 1 minute. The colour should be a fairly light red. Remove teabag and place on saucer for later use.

Allow to cool slightly and sip. If you find it to be a bit bitter for your liking, add a touch of sugar or runny hunny (my friend Pooh' favourite). Have another taste.

For your second cup: preferably use a small teapot, or the mug used above if you're a lazy lard-arse. This time, allow the teabag to steep for 10 minutes. It should be dark red this time (assuming your lonely little teabag is a good quality one). Drink half the cup (having added sugar or honey if you preferred a little bit of sweetness with the 1st.). Add a little lime / lemon (just a small squeeze or thin slice) and drink the rest.

Now you would have experienced Rooibos in three different ways, using just 1 bag. Thrifty, yes? Scrooge McClaire....

There are other ways of brewing it, as well as uses in cooking that I can give you info on, should you like the taste. I have a party "showstopper" where I bake a whole hubbard squash in the oven, filled with dried fruit soaked in strong rooibos, with layers of caramel in between. Excellent with barbecued rack of lamb or steak! Yum!!!

You also get Honeybush Tea (related to Rooibos) which has a naturally sweeter taste.

Did you know that Rooibos is also used in cosmetics?
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;712547 wrote: Hi Grim ,Hi Green eyes,

Can't believe I'm stressing over a damn teabag.

I never seemed to have trouble with a bottle of red wine.

J x
                      Well you only have one, so if you feck it up, it's over :H
                      sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;712544 wrote: Geez Jackie, brew the thing and sip it and see if it needs anything, right?
                        Rooibos is not a "thing", I'll have you know. It is a precious gift from Mother Nature...
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hello, Grimmy! I do NOT own shares in a Rooibos farm, I promise :H
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh nay, nay tippers!! I "do" tea like you do tea. hee hee

cold water rolling boil for only a minute, heated CHINA cup or pot, steep not more than 3 to 5 min. That sort of thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

tiptronic_ct;712550 wrote: In that case, we'd better make sure we get the best value out of the measly little teabag (I've gone through 4 since I got home tonight, woman!)

Some say Rooibos is an acquired taste (although I grew up with it, so I wouldn't know).

I suggest you do the following:

For your 1st cup, just dunk the bag in a mug of hot water, AFTER having rinsed the mug with a little boiling water (I'm a stickler for detail - except with AL - I would drink anything). Allow it to steep for no longer than 1 minute. The colour should be a fairly light red. Remove teabag and place on saucer for later use.

Allow to cool slightly and sip. If you find it to be a bit bitter for your liking, add a touch of sugar or runny hunny (my friend Pooh' favourite). Have another taste.

For your second cup: preferably use a small teapot, or the mug used above if you're a lazy lard-arse. This time, allow the teabag to steep for 10 minutes. It should be dark red this time (assuming your lonely little teabag is a good quality one). Drink half the cup (having added sugar or honey if you preferred a little bit of sweetness with the 1st.). Add a little lime / lemon (just a small squeeze or thin slice) and drink the rest.

Now you would have experienced Rooibos in three different ways, using just 1 bag. Thrifty, yes? Scrooge McClaire....

There are other ways of brewing it, as well as uses in cooking that I can give you info on, should you like the taste. I have a party "showstopper" where I bake a whole hubbard squash in the oven, filled with dried fruit soaked in strong rooibos, with layers of caramel in between. Excellent with barbecued rack of lamb or steak! Yum!!!

You also get Honeybush Tea (related to Rooibos) which has a naturally sweeter taste.

Did you know that Rooibos is also used in cosmetics?
                              Feckin Hell...OCD head!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

But tere are SO many kinks of riobois that I found some unpalatable and some I adore.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X