Boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boundaries

Walls are solid and rigid, they keep others out and me trapped within. Boundaries are flexible, changeable, removeable so it is up to me how open or closed I am at a given time. They allow me decide what behaviour is acceptable not only from others but also myself. Today I have the ability to say 'No' with love instead of hostility, so it doesnt offend and end any relationships. I check if my defenses keep me safe or isolate me. As I continue to decide what is and isent acceptable for me, I learn that I love myself enough to look for healthier ways to protect myself, ways that dont close everyone out. Additionally, knowing my boundaries does not mean forcing others to change, it means that I know my own limits and take care of myself by respecting them. 'People are lonely because the build walls instead of bridges'

Boundaries

You are one wise lady Irish...thank you for posting.x
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Boundaries

Thanks Irish for that, its a really healthy way to view things.

Comment

Boundaries

I always enjoy reading your posts Irish and they never fail to leave me with something to ponder.

Thank you
        AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Boundaries

Beautiful, Irish! Its hard for us when we're drinking to really be able to understand the world we're creating.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Boundaries

rubywillow;712327 wrote: Beautiful, Irish! Its hard for us when we're drinking to really be able to understand the world we're creating.
            You are lways so complimentary Ruby, thank you.

Comment

Boundaries

Oops sorry to Limers, Oney and Mstall, I dident mean to exclude you from my last post to Ruby, it was meant to be a PM to her. What am I like:H. Thank you all for great compliments, it is just 'a thought for the day' that I believe that we all can benefit from.

Comment

Boundaries

That's great Irish and something that i am working on at the moment, still have a few walls to go through,good post for thought.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Boundaries

irish eyes;712386 wrote: Oops sorry to Limers, Oney and Mstall, I dident mean to exclude you from my last post to Ruby, it was meant to be a PM to her. What am I like:H. Thank you all for great compliments, it is just 'a thought for the day' that I believe that we all can benefit from.
                  No, Irish!!! You mean you're not perfect like the rest of us?????? LMAO Anyway, love to read your posts.:goodjob:
                  Rubes
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Boundaries

rubywillow;712432 wrote: No, Irish!!! You mean you're not perfect like the rest of us?????? LMAO Anyway, love to read your posts.:goodjob:
                    Rubes
                    Wow Ruby you read me so well! Yes I have spend alot of my life trying NOT to be perfect!! My mantra 'I am good enough' Thank you for your kind sentiments.

Comment

Boundaries

That is a great thought irish! I work on peacefully keeping them in place when they are being pecked at. Relentless pecking. It isn't easy. Love the "I'm good enough" too!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Boundaries

Bump for greenie. Because I needed it. Thank you irish you sweetheart.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                        X