Website issues??? anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there everyone..sorry, this may not be the place to ask this type of question...i've been here for about a month and find everyone here so helpful and supportive. That being said,,the last two days or so I haven't been able to log onto the website..and it's the only one I've had trouble with. It takes forever to load...i've waited as much as 20 minutes and nothing..I get these messages at the bottom of the page,,"waiting for clickdetective.com, waiting for googleanalytics", etc. Does anyone know how to get rid of this stuff, and why would it only happen when I log into this website?

Sorry to bug you with this non-AL question...but since it's the only website affected I thought maybe I wasn't the only one. Of course, I'm not much of a computer whiz so that doesn't help. Also, I have a MAC...

Anyway,,I've been somewhat AL free since August 12. A few bumps in the road but my ultimate goal is moderation, which is TOUGH. It seems the day after a few drinks my body craves and craves. But after two days or so it subsides. I guess the key is getting right back on track. No one said it would be easy, but reading everyone else's struggles and solutions has been a lifeline, if only I could get the website loaded...LOL

Thanks for any help...
    Every day is not 100%, however, it is 100% better than my best day of drinking..

same thing

Hi... I have the same thing at the bottom of the screen "click detective" and it takes longer to get on . But I also just got one of those phony viruses that displays about 4 pop up screens wanting you to buy their software to get rid of it. I didn't think they were related ... but maybe. Maybe someone else has something

Comment

Hi Tassimo - what web browser are you using? Safari or something else?
      I'm not a flip flop - I'm a Jandal!:undercover:

Comment

I had to go away and think about it but if you turn off pop-ups you'll probably find the site will load faster. In Safari go to SAFARI and you'll see "BLOCK POP-UP WINDOWS". The problem with turning this on is that if you visit a site where you need to use pop-up windows (such as with airlines) it won't work until you turn it off. On my Mac I also use Mozilla Firefox because this browser is better tuned to work with both Mac and Windows-based websites. It also has a few more options under the Security tab.
        If you're still struggling with loading the website drop me a note.
        I'm not a flip flop - I'm a Jandal!:undercover:

Comment

Thanks Jandal...It happens on both browsers...Safari and Firefox..It's just odd because it only happens with this website,,no others. Takes about 10 minutes to load...I will try your suggestions though..thanks so much!
          Every day is not 100%, however, it is 100% better than my best day of drinking..

Comment

Several members have been complaining about this in subs.

I have it happen occasionally when I am on the road.

If I run a tracert from there, I see it is usually one of the servers just before you hit MWO. It is very frustrating and there is simply nothing that can be done about it that I know of.

Sorry.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X