Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD - VOTE NOW

Hey all

I haven't been around for a while and now that I am, I was actually horrified to see our daily thread had monstercised into a monthly thread.

I read some positive comments, but for the life of me, I cannot see why. That was early in the month.

Rags' comment was very pertinent: see back to page 17 or so of the September thread. If not there, go backwards.

Did anyone ask any of TND friends what they wanted? Rags suggested weekly. I agree, but in actual fact, I thought the daily was working just fine even if we weren't always on for that day.

It helps us all to get to know each other when we deal with each other daily. It's just not the same when you read how someone is feeling or has been doing last week, two weeks or three weeks ago.

I feel I knew my "special friends" because of the daily interraction I had with them.

Also, I knew, even if one of us had had a bad day, that experience was left in cyberspace for that day only. Yes, of course it can be read, but less likely than all of us poring over it for a month.

SO VOTE NOW. WHAT DO YOU WANT? Daily, Weekly or Monthly?
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Hey Tawns, you thinking person. Your idea was sound.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

I doubt anyone is interested in your opinion as its going perfectly fine without your interference or your attempts to control it for some bizarre reasons only know to yourself. Its just a converstation between people and even if you started it once upon a time that doesnt mean you have any say about its direction.
      M

Comment

Okay mates, do you agree? I've been attacked again by this person which is the reason I began drinking again after 80 days. I hate her.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

BH, I will post your PM to me that was so atrocious if you do not leave me alone. What is your problem?
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Gone guys. GONE. I need support, not this crap.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Nite.
              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
              AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

WELL, THAT'S WHAT TERRORISTS DO.

boozehag;712965 wrote: I doubt anyone is interested in your opinion as its going perfectly fine without your interference or your attempts to control it for some bizarre reasons only know to yourself. Its just a converstation between people and even if you started it once upon a time that doesnt mean you have any say about its direction.
                M
                Y
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Pan - I understand that you feel some ownership of the thread as it was you that started it, and it was important to you at that time, but people come and go and things change, its inevitable. I think if you want support, just hop on in there and ask for it, don't worry too much about the format.

Bets
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Bets! Hey!
                    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Nup, just hate BH.
                      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Pan - after your long absence, I thought you would have been stoked to find that YOUR thread is still going, albeit in a slightly different format. Am I missing something here?

Comment

So I made you drink! I think not. The record clearly shows that you were drinking long before I responded to your rude comments on your dog thread - it was very much like this thread actually - attention seeking and bossy. And feel free to post the PM I sent you seeing as I never sent you one. You are just making stuff up now. You are not the full quid are you?
                          M

Comment

Hi Pan,
                            It was a very good instinct which lead you to create the 'Next Day Thread'. It has been immensely helpful to me personally, and I dare say many others.
                            I'm pretty easy going and couldn't give a rat's arse what format it's in as long as I get to shit stir this lot every day.
                            But I'm sorry Pan, blaming other people for our drinking is indulging in victim mentality or persecution complex, and is contra-productive to our recovery process.
                            I wish you the very best in taking responsibility for yourself, and 80 days is fabulous. Well done you.
                            Bridget.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I post on the NDT most days...it makes no difference to me if it is daily, weekly monthly, yearly...as long as I can find it and catch up...fine by me.

Nobody MAKES us drink......they just give us an excuse to say "fuck it"....it's up to us whether we act on it or not.
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X