i cant sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cant sleep

im having a terrible time sleeping for more that 4 hours at a time.i have started taking melatoin 4 mg( i know ths is more than i should but dang it im tired) i go to bed earlier but still only sleep a few hours.so once again im up in the middle of the night knowing all the things i want to get accomplished tommorrow and will be tired and cranky.i drink no caffine so i know that is not the prob.any ideas? thanks in advance!

:thanks:

i cant sleep

Hi Mojo, in my case, when this has happened, I've taken about 100 mg of 5-htp (it's what l-tryptophan turns into before it can turn into seratonin) and the melantonin about 30 minutes before bed. I've also made sure that I've taken a 500 mg calcium/magnesium about 1 hour before bed and the timing seems to help.

Sometimes a nice warm bath with lavendar and dim lighting will help also.

Hang in there, I hope it passes soon.

Comment

i cant sleep

I agree with CV

Hang in there Shawn!
      The not sleeping was what used to bring me down! You need to take the melatonin consistantly for it to work and also the magnesium taken at night works for me. I am looking into the 5-htp as that what CV says anyway. Going to order that soon. And please make sure you have some protein for evening meal as well.
      You can do it!
      Shas
      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

i cant sleep

Shawn............If you're drinking at all, you WILL wake up after a few hours. It's a fact................

Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

i cant sleep

mojomuppet:

This is from my personal experience. 4 mg is quite a bit. I found that if I took 3 mg, that I would wake up with a start from intense dreams, and then be up for a bit.

You might try cutting back on the melatonin. I started cutting my 3 mg tablets in half. I also take them with either valerian root, or 5-HTP sort of alternating from one night to the next.

Some other good sleepy herbs are. Passion Flower, SkullCap, and Hops. (Hops are in most beer, but don't let that put you off. You can get it by itself.)

I find that a good free weight workout, paced about 4 hours before bedtime tires out my physical body, and if I take a shower right after the workout, then I sleep real good. Active Isolated Stretching is also good to promote sound sleep. I will write some things up in the Holistic Healing section about that soon.

Sleep is so important to my personal abstinence, as it is needed to keep stable during the day.

Comment

i cant sleep

tyvm as i am reading this at 5am in the mornng ......again wide awake and still not sleeping this sucks so that you know how i feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

i cant sleep

Ever tought off Tai Chi?

Hi

I am the worlds worst sleeper!! use Kalms Sleep tablets and have recently started Tai Chi ( non contact) its not for everyone but i managed 12 hours the other night a world record for me!! Good Luck

Whitestar

Comment

i cant sleep

lmao! the closest im gonna get to that is chinese takeout.

Comment

i cant sleep

Number 42

Hi

Fair Comment but it works for me!!:H

Whitestar

Comment

i cant sleep

Hey Mojo, with all that's going on with you, I can imagine that it's hard to sleep! Hang in there girl, and keep trying!

Hugs,

Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X