Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Thoughts On Dreams With Meanings?

Hi All,

Just thought i'd share my dreams from last night.
    1st night af and as you may have read i suffered severe withdrawals,i mean so severe that i thought i would have been hospitalised for a poisoning.
    But anyway last night i dreamt about my granny,who has been dead for 4yrs.First time i ever dreamt about her ever.When i got back to sleep i then dreamt about an aunt of mine who has also been dead for 15yrs.I was her favourite niece and we loved each other to bits.Again i never recall dreaming of her before.

Well,here's the thing,they were both tee-totallers who never touched a drink in their lives.(My only relatives that didn't drink,they despised alcohol and would never allow it in the house on any occaisions)

Maybe they're watching over me or warning me that i need to stay sober?
    I got comfort from that thought..

Then again maybe i've just lost the plot? lol
    I always felt a bit pchsycotic.... i mean physic...

Anyone else have any experiences like this..
    Just a topic for a chat i guess,nothing important.
    annie
    "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
    Bring it on!

Found this on the web annie,might interest you.But i think there are hundreds of ways of interpreting dreams, everyone to there own.

Home >> Dream Info

Dreams is defined in Webster's Dictionary as a "sequence of sensations, images, thoughts, etc., passing through a sleeping person's mind" . Dreams have been a topic of study dating back to 4000 B.C. One may say that dreams have been around as long as the first civilization came to be and are just a normal part of human existence.

In our dreams, we can go anywhere, we can be anybody, and we can do anything. When we dream, we are like passengers on a moving train, unable to control our actions and choose

surroundings. We let our mind take over. Sometimes, dreams can be understood in the the context of repressed thoughts. Dreaming serves as an outlet for those thoughts and impulses we repress during the day. When we go to sleep at night and slip into our dream state, we feel liberated and behave and act in a manner that we do not allow ourselves in our waking life.

Visions and ideas can come from your dreams. Authors, screenwriters and poets turn to their dreams for stories. Artists and musicians explore dreams for their inspiration. Dreams can help us find solutions to our daily problems and see things from a different perspective.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Interesting post mario.

I'm using that dream as my inspiration that my 2 relations are gony guide me through this all the way...

Not usually into faith in a big way but what is the old aa saying about a higher power...

Believe they're up there shining down...

hugs
      annie
      "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
      Bring it on!

Comment

Annie, I think it's your family watching over you. I miss my grandma alot. She has been gone for 20 years. Last summer when I first started this process someone told me I had a lack of cardinals in my life. Awhile later I prayed to my grandma for a sign that I was doing the right thing. A few days later there was a cardinal at my office window. Recently I have had 4 in the backyard on and off.
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I dream about my Momma and Daddy almost weekly. They've been gone 8 & 9 years. I've always had long, vivid dreams, and many times the emotions carry on into the next day. I've had premonitions in my dreams, or worked out problems I couldn't do when awake.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Their are a lot of meanings in dreams. Lots of symbols that mean certain things just to you.......Think about those symbols, it will come to you what it really means in certain situations. I have had dreams before with little symbols that keep occuring....And it comes to me later...hay that rep. this or that in my current problem. A Lot of great minds (Einestien....etc.) have always said that they would sleep on their problem...and their subcon. keeps working on the problem as you sleep. They would get answers in the morning. IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I can't remember the last time I had a good dream. I seriously can't. I am constantly haunted by my first ever girlfriend - I have no idea why. We did have a particularly nasty breakup but that's that. I have no desire to get back with her, to speak to her, nothing. When I say haunted I mean that in a "why on earth does she keep appearing" kind of way. We broke up nearly 7 years ago, I have not seen her since, contacted her, returned calls nothing. I have had multiple relationships since then... the only thing I can figure is that she was my very first girlfriend and I thought I loved her at the start of the relationship (for about 3 months out of a three year relationship) - whether I did or not I still don't really know. Plus back then I didn't have the balls to break up with a girl so I just pushed her away until it was mutual. Then felt like shit for doing it for months.

I remember when I was young I had fantastic dreams, dreams that I would wake up from and go DAMN it was a dream and try to fall back asleep to get to the same place. I am on medication currently, xanax and luvox and naltrexone. Not entirely sure I am going to stay on naltrexone. Went off it but now I am back on it - not because of alcohol - but because I started doing things that I did that reminded me of the time when I was drinking. I will never go back to alcohol, I can't even stand doing things that remind me of that period. I HATE alcohol.

So is the medication screwing with my dreams? I would presume yes. Why do I always have bad dreams? Every time. I am 30 days AF today and I am damn proud of it. It has been one hell of a battle that I know everyone on here can appreciate.

Thoughts? Any dream therapists about? They aren't necessarily nightmares but they are always uncomfortable. They are never good :/
              "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

Anneimac, I believe that our beloved dead can visit us in dreams and can support and pray for us. It sounds as if your interpretation of your dreams is giving you comfort and support so it is a positive experience. Many times after stopping substances individuals will have vivid dreams. This may be because the substances stopped the dreaming mechanisms. Best wishes to you on your recovery journey and continued peaceful dreams.

Aust-boy...how horrible to keep on having nasty unsettling dreams. I wonder if the meds you are on are influencing your dreams? Maybe you could ask your doctor. Good luck to you.
                Redhibiscus

Comment

I had a bizarro dream last night - gotta quit watching those medical crime shows.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

As I have discused in another thread.....I 've had this dream about a litter of kittens coming from under my couch as I lay on it in the family room. (I know what your thinking ! I might need a little..........Milk !! Ha! Got ya! LOL IAD)
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X