Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

af for 28 days - right time to start weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello there - i am af and sf for 28 days now - been eating lots of choc- need to lose weight.
    is now about right to try to tackle this too (not by extreme diet - talking about 1800 cal a day)Or is it still too soon?
    one day at a time

I say yes. Pick you demons one at a time. I have found that when I decrease my sugar intake like a candy bar, or ice cream, my craving for AL GREATLY increases. So keep your guard up if you plan on proceeding Bear. That demon taps our shoulder at our most vulnerable times
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

How strong do you feel Bear and are you taking the supps etc to help you with any cravings etc.
      I agree with dlw that getting the AL demon out of your life sb your first priority. Having said that, a good nourishing diet will also help with mood swings, blood sugar peaks and valleys etc. I think if you plan and execute a nourishing meal plan that you may well find that some of the pounds drop off.
      But don't be in a rush. You are probably better off to increase your actiivity level rather than decrease your calories drastically.
      IMHO
      Best of luck.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

My thoughts are along the same lines: I would worry about eating good healthy food but not about losing weight. I did not lose weight after giving up most of the alcohol, and it wasn't until a year later that I begain systematically tackling my weight issue. I found that during that year I did a lot of evening munching, probably replacing the carbs in alcohol with other carbs. Recently I began keeping sour hard candies on hand for evenings. They seem to keep me from going to the cupboard to eat way worse things, and they really don't have many calories.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Bear,

Think about making sure you keep your blood sugar balanced. Its early days, but I'm doing well loosely following a low GI type diet, and tracking what I eat on the daily plate.com . I'm also taking a supplement that contains chromium and magnesium which are meant to help regulate blood sugar levels. I do have chocolate, but just a couple of squares of 70%.

Take care

Bets
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Bear,

In my long drinking 'career' I didn't eat much at all but had a massive round tummy.

Since I've gone AF I've actually lost weight!

I think I've been replacing the calories from alcohol with food and at the mo I don't care what it is.

I much more physically active, so that might be why I've lost weight.

But at the mo I'm concentrating on being AF before I tackle anything else.

Best of luck.

Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009

:l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

thanks everyone - well I am upping exercise as a first and plan on eating more fruit and veg - a more balanced approach - not cutting out chocolate tho - just gonna limit amount.
              one day at a time

Comment

Ten Super Secrets for Weight Loss

Oxy Powder's Ten Super Secrets for Weight Loss help you begin your weight loss program with some measurable results and to make sure that the first few weeks of weight loss are pounds lost in a healthy manner - a manner that would not be detrimental to your health.This e-book will provide you with everything you need to jump start your path to weight loss. Your motivation will soar as you begin to feel lighter and slimmer. You will follow these weight Loss Secrets and feel the difference. This e-book is available at Oxy Powder

Comment

This is a forum for alcoholics. Not one to advertise your product. :spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

Comment

when I quit drinking, I couldn't get enough chocolate. Here's what I did to kick that....
                    load up on protein(no carbs, breads, pasta etc...)pretty soon I didn't even crave chocolate & the weight
                    just dropped off!
                    good luck.

Comment

Hi Bear,

I dramatically increased my activity level by getting back to the gym instead of being a drunk couch potato. I found 2 benefits: 1) Getting to the gym filled in evenings and really took my mind off drinking; 2) Burning a few hundred calories really works wonders!

I wouldn't worry too much about "dieting" at first, just get moving and you'll see positive results!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                      X