notes from the porch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notes from the porch

This used to be "notes from the hole". There aren't any more notes from the hole. I'm not that person anymore. I am the peson that sits on the porch and sees the leaves of tall trees swaying in the gentle breeze of a late summer day against a brilliant blue sky. I ponder the wonder of life. Why we experience what we do. Today on the porch I decided to just enjoy the loveliness and perfection of it all. No questions, no answers. I looked at threads from the past few days and didn't enter. Not because I don't care, but because I deserve the pleasure of the porch. That feeling is so...... what? do I dare say intoxicating? It is! So clean and pure. I enjoy it for the while. I know there are things to do, to deal with, but for the moment, I am ON THE PORCH. Love and peace to you all.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

notes from the porch

Lovely Greenie. If your like me, I hope that porch is screened. We have mosquitoes the size of puppies this time of year!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

notes from the porch

Hello Greeneyes,
      And isn't it wonderful lazing on the porch, allowing your senses to idly roam, taking in the colour of the leaves, the bird calls, the soft breeze against your cheek. Sober.

Humidity hole is where you say you live? Where abouts is that? I am quite near the Tasman Sea, so get lovely sea breezes in the daytime, and the offshore breeze in the afternoon.

Comment

notes from the porch

Ah the serenity....

xo

Comment

notes from the porch

Greenie, I LOVE the porch. My back porch is/was screened in, but is in such dire need of repair that I have a hard time calling it a screened in porch anymore. (Roger, get your butt up here and help me out!)

On a sad note, I fear that my father is dying. He is in ICU at the Cleveland Clinic, where I spent the whole day with my siblings. His lungs are very sick. Mentally, he wants to get better, but physically he is a mess. He is on a ventilator and a bunch of meds. He is only 66 (in fact, he and my mom were married for 26 yrs b4 they divorced. Her b-day was today and she just turned 67. Dad will be 67 on Sept. 25. They are now very good friends.)

Any MWO good thoughts are appreciated. I have been in pretty close contact with Roger, Beth and Allie. All of them know my cell phone #.

Love you all,
          CS

Comment

notes from the porch

Greenie,
            What a lovely picture you painted. One of serenity and being content. I am so happy to know you have a "porch", where you can sit and relax, and reflect, or just observe the peace, beauty and world around you.

I definately like the note from the porch far better than any note from the hole

love to you sweet lady.

xo
            K
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

notes from the porch

CS,
              I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Are you ok? How are you hanging in? Is there anything I can do?

Please take good care of yourself.

xo,
              K
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

notes from the porch

Aw greenie! That is such a much nicer mental picture of you sitting on your porch in your rocking chair rather than down in a deep dark hole! I'm very happy for you, and appreciate your posts very much!

:goodjob:
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

notes from the porch

fabulous...it's the small things that are big.

Comment

notes from the porch

Very nice serene feeling. Thanks for sharing Greenie.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

notes from the porch

CS04;714713 wrote: Greenie, I LOVE the porch. My back porch is/was screened in, but is in such dire need of repair that I have a hard time calling it a screened in porch anymore. (Roger, get your butt up here and help me out!)

On a sad note, I fear that my father is dying. He is in ICU at the Cleveland Clinic, where I spent the whole day with my siblings. His lungs are very sick. Mentally, he wants to get better, but physically he is a mess. He is on a ventilator and a bunch of meds. He is only 66 (in fact, he and my mom were married for 26 yrs b4 they divorced. Her b-day was today and she just turned 67. Dad will be 67 on Sept. 25. They are now very good friends.)

Any MWO good thoughts are appreciated. I have been in pretty close contact with Roger, Beth and Allie. All of them know my cell phone #.

Love you all,
                      CS
                      C, I'm so sorry, can totally relate. Daddy was 68, with a wonderful mind. Cherish this time with your family and your dad, and remember I'm thinking of you. You are in my prayers.
                      Rubes:l
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

notes from the porch

Beaches!!!
                        WOT A PORCH!!! Is it the Pacific Ocean???
                        My front porch looks on to the Tasman Sea... AKA the Western Pacific Ocean.
                        My back porch looks on to the Illawarra Escarpment of New South Wales, Australia.

Comment

notes from the porch

Well, I'm back home on my own porch. I almost struggle to relive that feeling. To savor it, to keep it there. It's like the "happy thought" in Peter Pan. I remember swimming lessons. I didn't pass because I couldn't float on my back. I struggled so. Like making angels in the snow but in the water, with gasping, coughing. I learned to float when I learned the secret of relaxing and breathing. Maybe there is something to all that after all.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

notes from the porch

Greenie...beautiful..i will sit with you there one day....defo!
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

notes from the porch

Ah Greenie. What a lovely and peaceful picture you paint! (well, the porch - not the swimming lessons!) Much much better than the hole. This is my last post for today and what a nice way to end another sober day!!!!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X