notes from the porch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notes from the porch

What I'm saying is that when we have the AF happy feeling.... journal it, take a photo, something. Make a post. Something to refer back to, something to give others pause tio consider. Granted, that doesn't happen in the first few days of AFdom, but as you appreciate AF, pinpoint it. Those particular moments. Everyone has them. I see them in all threads. All the ick dissapates for a moment and you feel that moment of clarity that all is fine. This is wonderful! That is the moment(s) you memorize. Because life is right around the corner. That stuff that you know... you didn't want to deal with, wanted to escape from, just a moment relief from.... So go back to that moment, revisit it. Feel it. Let it feed you with strength. Nurture it and let it grow. And it will!

Lawd, what has gotten into me? Little doggie is such a bore on an 8 hour drive. I obviously spent a lot of time pondering. Thanks for listening, I feel better. But see, this isn't so much about AF as it is about reinventing my life. Which really is the same.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

notes from the porch

And rags...... I was in the lovely countryside of northern Virginia, USA. On my sister's porch. My porch is (ahem).... very different, a cement slab overlooking the tundra. But I will remember that moment. She was peacefully snoozing in the chair beside me. Her daughter browzing a magazine at a nearby table. The sound of lazy music, hummingbirds swooping, hovering, dodging, fussing. The breeze, the smell of the late sumer air. I will revisit that, not just cling to it. Keep it alive. After all, thoughts become things.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

notes from the porch

Such beautiful word, thoughts and things, Greenie. I have a rocker on my back (screened!) porch that Tinker jumps in to chase away the birds in my fig bush. From that rocker I can watch the squirrels and rabbits; the mother deer raise her spotted fawn this summer; the family of crows that swear at me when I come outside, and all the birds. There was a cicadae on my screen yesterday morning, and I thought about how they spend years in the dark ground, only to come out to live so breifly. When my grands were tiny and we did some special, new thing in nature, I'd tell them we were making a memory. They tell me that now.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

notes from the porch

Great thread to read. Thanks for that.

CSO4 ... peace and strength to you. Many things wouldn't hurt so much if there hadn't been so much damn good ...

Comment

Working...
          X