What is wrong with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with me?

Make sure to stay close to us for the first few days. Go to the chat room, When I was at my low points when I first joined. I had A LOT of support!
    The supplements - the only thing I take is L Glut. Some go on prescription meds. Everyone is different.
    Here is the best advise that I got when I first joined, When you dont think you can make it one Day at a time, break your day down- if a half day seems to long, break it down some more- if it's 15 minutes - break it down, You can do it. Keep strong, the beast that taps on our shoulders never lets up, be strong and ready for new beginnings!
    Good LUck
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

What is wrong with me?

Hi hopeful mom. I can totally relate to your story. I was in my first year at medical school when I began to suspect that I drink differently than other people. I was always frazzled and low so naturally I grew very fond of alcohol. I lived the double life and felt the shame, what would people think if they knew?

Looking back I think it would've been impossible for me to stop or even regulate my drinking because I had many unaddressed issues. Look beyond the craving and find what needs are temporarily satisfied when you drink. It may help your resolve to stop.

Comment

What is wrong with me?

Hello Hopeful Mom,
        I was in the same boat for many years, wondering why I couldn't pass the shop with money in my pocket without going in and buying booze. Until one day.... There was a little shift in my thinking. I had always believed that I was punishing myself by going without and that it was all doom and gloom living a sober life. This one day it just hit me that I was in fact moving on; that I was done with alcohol and all that it brings and that there is a life after booze. It's obviously still difficult to stop, and I have to make the effort to fill in the time that I would have spent drinking, but once I did that, there aren't enough hours in the day to persue the productive things that I have undertaken; all fun things that I have been putting off for years.
        The reasoning behind my sobriety is different. There is a much more positive slant to it. I'm not giving up something that I want, I'm starting afresh without the feeling that I am depriving myself of anything. I'm doing myself a huge favour. I'm by no means the finished article and I do catch myself wondering what it would be like just to have a night on the piss, but I know what it would be like and I'm not going back there.

Comment

Working...
        X