I am back for another try.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found MYO last April and it was such a great place that I was able to go AF for 60+ days.
    My head was clear for a change and I was so grateful. I was taking Kudzu and did not feel deprived for the most part.

My darling wife is from across the pond and went back for a 10 week visit with family and friends on June 29. About three or four days later, I was so lonely and feeling sad that the self pity set in. I naturally reasoned that a beer would be o.k.. But a beer was not enough, just like before the AF days. I was right back into the rut instantly. Doing the regular things on a daily basis until 5 or so in the afternoon. Time for beer and forgetting about sobriety. That has been going on for 10 weeks now. My wife is coming back today and doesn't know I have been drinking since it was not a topic of conversation over the phone. I want the craziness to end for myself and also for my spouse.

I have a new supply of Kudzu and I am back here to get my life back. I will be back here often as I fight with sly ol' AL.
    Com1

:colorwelcome:

Welcome back Com1,

So sorry to hear you're troubled.

Stay close to the posts.

You can do this.

Best of luck.

Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hiya com1...

hope things went okay when you're wife came home.
      post here and vent if you need to...
      you're too right about sly ol al....always lurking behind you everywhere you go,just keep it there,behind you.
      Try never to let it get one step too close or 'like me' you're in deep shit...
      Easier said than done,i know,but by reading the posts of those who refuse to let the demon win should inspire you and give you hope,it certainly has for me,though i guess it's early days for me.
      Take care,thinking of you,

Hugs & prayers

annie
      xx
      "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
      Bring it on!

Comment

Keep close to MWO for a while, We have ALL hit a few bumps in the road. And we all have the guilt that goes along with it. Sometimes you just have to let time heal that
        WELCOME BACK
        If you did it before, you can do it again!
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
        X