Why so many women??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so many women??

I have been making an observation and thought I'd put it out there for comments! Here on this MWO Forum there are WAY more woman than men posting, and it has me wondering....

* Is there really more women than men with alcohol addiction/dependency problems and issues? I wouldn't think so!

* Is it that women are more likely to seek help with such problems whereas men tend to not attempt to try to find any resolve?

* Are women more analytical and therefore strive for perfection while trying to better their lives??

* Or maybe men are more proud to come to a place like this and air their "dirty laundy"?

:anyone:

Why so many women??

Hi, Lynnie

Its interesting to note that (apparently) more men than women attend AA. There have been similar questions posed on MWO, and I'm sure others will give their opinion.

As a guy who found this place... Quite frankly, I don't give a damn. I have a new lease on life, and have met some wonderful people. Whether they are male or female doesn't matter in the least.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Why so many women??

I don't know, I've read plenty from the male population.

But you are probably right and if I had to quess I would say women tend to be more verbal with their feelings and a place like this helps to be able to connect and release our emotions.

Just my 2 cents

:l
      Ak
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Why so many women??

Tiptronic - Good for you! I like your attitude!

Akgirl - I agree with you!

Comment

Why so many women??

I think you're right there do seem to be more women than men. I think that maybe women are more reluctant to go to AA because of the stigma attached. Far easier to take control in your own home and talk to likeminded people. I also think that it's easier to stay that little bit anon.

That's my theory but who gives a damn I've nearly made it through Day 1 woo hoo! Thanks to MWO and espcially Rubes and Hopeless Mom.

Much love xx

Comment

Why so many women??

I actually meant Hopeful Mom I am so sorry Kim!!!!!! Your aren't Hopeless at all that would be me

Comment

Why so many women??

I agree with all of you, except izzy's "hopeless" post! Izzy, you are not hopeless, you are here now! We've all had day 1, some of us many times. You can do it, too! We're all rooting for you!

I never knew there were so many women alcoholics either, I was shocked when I realized most of the folks here were women. It always seemed to be me drinking with the boys, me and the top 2 drinkin' guys going at it neck and neck. As I got older I guess I got more secretive about it, have only two drinks when out, then four or more when I got home.

I think this place does feel more anonymous to me (AA just never seemed truly anonymous, they can see you, you have to talk to them in person, ugh. I never went even when I knew I had to do something). I like being able to talk to other women, I like being able to be truly honest for once. I know I'd never do that in a room full of people (not yet anyway).

Who knew there were so many of us?
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
              X