Army Thread 18th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;717803 wrote: Oh well then, if I see any popping eggs around the place I'll know someone's having a good time...
    Check down the side of the couch....
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yes I better be off too, got to make some more dog leads for a show tomorrow.
      Have a great night everyone
      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Laters Zeppie!

Comment

Zeppie2;717786 wrote:
          THAT'S IT!!!! THAT'S MY CHICKEN!!!! bUT MINE'S BIGGER.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Shite! I knew I had forgotten something......

Comment

Zenstyle;717810 wrote: You make your own leads Zeppers? Do you use a machine, are they leather? Inquiring minds... :-)

Nighters hon...
              No I make them out of the coat of sailing rope
              here's a pic
              Attached files [img]/converted_files/1036666=5213-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1036666=5214-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Zenstyle;717814 wrote: Size isn't EVERYTHING you know Greeny.... :H
                It isnt???

Comment

Zeppie2;717817 wrote: No I make them out of the coat of sailing rope
                  here's a pic
                  Zeppers you clever devil! They look superb!

Comment

greeneyes;717811 wrote: THAT'S IT!!!! THAT'S MY CHICKEN!!!! bUT MINE'S BIGGER.
                    Ohhh a bigger one would be fantastic, mine was only key ring sized and I squeezed it so much it's egg popped.

Comment

Zeppie2;717824 wrote: Ohhh a bigger one would be fantastic, mine was only key ring sized and I squeezed it so much it's egg popped.
                      :H:H:H:H

Comment

Zenstyle;717823 wrote: That's really cool Zeppers... How do you seal the ends?
                        I feed the rope inside itself and out the other side, seal the end with my trusty old ciggie lighter then pull it back inside the coat again. Does that make sense?

It's been quite lucrative lately, since the dishies haven't had much luck. Made $400 in a couple of hours last weekend selling them at a small agility show and have orders for twenty more and have to make 100 for the big agility nationals at the end of October. Think I'm going to end up with RSI

Comment

Made the first martingale one (with the collar attached) for my bullie 12 years ago when I used to do agility. Everyone asked where I got the lead from and it all started from there, hadn't made them for years while I was drinking then a friend asked me to make her some new ones a couple of months ago and hey presto back in business.

Comment

Now my little shack is full of 100's of metres of rope of all different colours, there's hardly any room to move.

Comment

I sell them on our little knock off of ebay here in NZ, at the greyhound track, and through word of mouth at agility. Last weekend there were two ladies from the North Island at the show, they bought two, took them back with them and now I have an order for 10 more from there club.

Comment

the good thing about the agility people is that they have about 5 dogs each and of course they all need their own special lead

The stupid thing is - do you think I can find a bloody lead around my place when I want to walk the dishies.

Comment

Working...
                                X