Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i must be doing something wrong--i am gaining weight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:upset:

i'm not sure that i get it. i've cut my alcohol consumption since i've started moderating and i've become much more mindful of what i am eating. i am wondering if the supplements i am taking could be leading to a weight gain.

i am certainly not obese but i have a tiny bone structure and i'm not that tall. hence, every pound shows up on me. i've gained several pounds since starting the program. i am certain that it is not water weight.

has anyone else had a similar experience?

thanks, e

I'm at a loss on this one sorry!
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

hmmm. body saving up from being used to not being fed right? i dunno just a thought.

Comment

I can't lose weight on two glasses of wine/day (unless I choose not to eat LOL!) I have to be abs and eat right to lose. Yeah, it sucks, but it's the only way for me. Good luck!

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thanks for the words, guys.

I've been drinking so much less and eating so healthfully that I'm flummoxed that I've gained this weight. Maybe the glass of wine that I had for breakfast will have a paradoxical effect. Stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Is anyone else here using hoodia?

e

Comment

Hey Eustacia, perhaps you have food allergies? Maybe you can try cutting out wheat and dairy for a few days. I know that helped me when I stopped using them, although it was rather hard.

Comment

Are you taking Hoodia??

I gained weight on Hoodia!! Seriously! Last December I decided to do the Hoodia thing, ordered high quality Hoodia on line and....gained almost ten pounds in less than month!! I was also drinking a lot of wine, but not more than I had been for several years...it was definitely the Hoodia that caused my weight gain.

The good news is that since I've been abs (end of April) I've lost over 20 pounds just by cutting out the alcohol and sugar...I am totally NOT starving...it's slow, but it's working for me...now, if I would only start exercising a bit....
              :h
              susan
              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Good for you Susan! My problem was I always LOST weight when I drank, at least when it wasn't constant, because I wasn't eating. Since stopping the drink, sugar and wheat/dairy, it's finally REALLY coming off, but I have a ways to go. I'm with you on the exercise though. My sacrum somehow got twisted so my right leg is a little shorter than the left and working with the chiropractor to get things right again is a slow process...I really want to exercise too!

Comment

e,

I tried Hootia (love that name), and it made me sick. When I went abs, on campral, I lost 10 pounds in three weeks. It all came back when I started drinking again. This is with no diet change, just the addition of booze, put the wieght back on me. I hate it, because the fat all goes to my belly...ugh. Now I feel like my grandmother, wearing elastic waist pants. Shoot me, if I show up wearing her house dress, you know the one with the snaps down the front, in some hideous cotton print fabric.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Yeah I too would have hoped to loose more weight - the scales don't seem to account for all the calories I "would have guzzled" bloody cheek! But even if I weigh the same I don't feel as bloated so that must be good eh?

Maybe my liver is working like it should? I've no idea as I'm too frightened to ever have liver tests done. Has anyone been down that road and discovered the extent of the damage they have caused - I'm terrified to even go there....

Comment

AF helps me too

I saw it up earlier on the posts, but for me too, when I have a few AF days, I notice alot of the (probably water weight) drops right off......when I have a binge again, the weight is back on. Never tried the hoodia as I can't get it in this podunk town!!:H Guess it is a blessing cuz I definitely don't want to gain weight (have a real complex about body image etc....)

good luck w/ the weight issue, eventually I hope the topa helps me drop all my extra pounds, but it hasn't yet, but I am mod. at this time....and not really controlling as well as I could (and not dieting as well as I know I could either

BUT enjoying this program, knowing that there is a way out and getting there!

love to all!

Mary Anne (sorry to ramble!)

Comment

Arcadia, I posted earlier to you but now it is not there. Very odd. Anyhow, I wanted to say that you should at least go get a baseline on your liver. Do you go for an annual physical exam? If so they can check it with basic blood work. I get mine checked every year because if the liver is showing signs of damage it is the one organ that is very resilient (if not too much damage has been done). That in and of itself would be a great motivator to not drink anymore. Plus it will give you peace of mind so you do not have one more thing to worry about. Just a thought.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Eustacia-

I used to lose weight the more I drank. Not sure why. I always thought it was dehydration.
                          Water weight can be quite a few pounds. Alcohol dehydrates ---just a thought
                          Lisa

Comment

Arcadia,

You would be surprised at how much abuse your body can tolerate. I have had strings of binges where I would finally wake up unable to tolerate any more booze for 24 hours. I’d have chest pains, vision problems, back pains, etc. I was finally forced to see a new doctor to refill blood pressure meds. She ran blood tests on stuff I didn’t even want to know about, and did an ultrasound on my heart and abdomen.

She also sent me to a cardiologist for the “stress test” on the treadmill. Imagine my surprise when the liver and heart tests came back normal!

You may not be in as bad a shape as you think. It’s always better to find out, the sooner the better. If there IS a problem, waiting too long might be putting it off until you CAN’T do anything about it. That’s why I like the supps on this program. Not only am I doing my body a favor by reducing the alcohol intake, but I am repairing the damage with the milk thistle, evening primrose, etc.

On the weight thing, if you are exercising, you could be changing fatty tissue to muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. While you could be losing inches, you aren’t losing actual pounds. Could that be it?

Kat

Comment

Working...
                            X