Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 19th September.

JackieClaire;718023 wrote: Sunny,

I think if we had proper Winters. Snow and stuff it would be Ok, not this greyness that descends for about 5 months.

x
    Yea, I hear you. But how about putting up those white christmas lights in your kitchen, like Nigella? Its not too early to make the Christmas Cake, and the spices smell divine!

Comment

Oh Sunny,
      We'll probably get stomped on for mentioning the dreaded festival that happens at the around the 25th Dec.

I'm the only one in the house that likes Christmas cake. But I do like all the excitement. My 2 still get stockings,they're 21 and 23!

I had an AF (the word that shall not be mentioned) last year and it was great.

J x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;718025 wrote:

Beagle: Mr JC says I've become a real potty mouth since becoming AF. I told him to F*** off.

J x
        :H:H:H

Comment

JC, I don't know that I'd call you a potty mouth-----but you sure sound potty about Christmas, just like me!

Comment

I like all the little things.

Like putting the lights off and looking at the tree lights in the dark.

Looking at the kids faces when they're more excited about their stockings than a new laptop.

I'm feeling it already.

J x
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The best thing I like about Christmas here in Oz is when I do my own ham - a great big buggar of a thing,then coating it in my own glaze of ginger & macadamia nuts....mmmm....yummy.
              Not really one for the traditional cake & pud stuff.
              Fresh prawns on the BBQ are pretty traditional here though.MMMMMM......

Comment

Have you tried boiling your ham in Coca cola. I got that from Nigella Lawson's book. It makes it lovely and sweet.

It's about the only time I eat sprouts. Boxing day's not a lot of fun round here.:fart:

J x
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

boiling entire ham in coke Jackie? wow, must try that one. how long for? do you simply cover the thing in coke?
                  as for the sprouts.....bubblebutt is my husband's morning nickname.I've never met a person who farts so much.It can't be his diet,as I eat the same....maybe he's just full of hot air:H:H

Comment

about the same time as if you were boiling it in water.
                    i finish it off by covering it in brown sugar and roasting it for about 20- 30 mins. lovely and crunchy.

you've obviously met my son - he's a real bubblebutt ( i love that word )

x
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;718043 wrote: about the same time as if you were boiling it in water.
                      i finish it off by covering it in brown sugar and roasting it for about 20- 30 mins. lovely and crunchy.

you've obviously met my son - he's a real bubblebutt ( i love that word )

x
                      I must have married him Jackie!

Comment

He's only 21. so he'd be a bubblebutt toy boy.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey beagle, google Christmas Recipes Nigella Lawson. She has some terrific ones!

Comment

I am sooo up for a toy boy! But was hoping for one whose arse didn't chat so much in the mornings...
                            Thanks Sunbird - will google away.I've never cooked any Nigella stuff.I do have a Jamie Oliver book & find his recipes over complicated & his TV persona much like....a gormless pillock is the phrase that comes to mind! :H

Comment

beagle;718036 wrote: The best thing I like about Christmas here in Oz is when I do my own ham - a great big buggar of a thing,then coating it in my own glaze of ginger & macadamia nuts....mmmm....yummy.
                              Not really one for the traditional cake & pud stuff.
                              Fresh prawns on the BBQ are pretty traditional here though.MMMMMM......
                              I want Christmas dinner at your place!

Hello troops.
                              A busy Saturday for me, so that I can have a do-what-the-hell-I-like Sunday.
                              I used to dread the weekends. I thought I'd be bored rigid without a drink, but it's not the case.
                              They are so much fun. It's like being a kid again.
                              Now, where did I put that skateboard???

Comment

Hi Pops,

How are the grandchildren?

Comment

Working...
                                X