Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digging Down to Rise Up

Hi All
    I was reading another members post and a line struck me.
    You can't buy sobriety.
    With all the money in the world you can't buy your way out of our problem.You also can't talk your way out. It requires work and it is hard. Many tools available but it will require will power and determination in the beginning. It will require sacrifice. Depending on the grip al has over you it might become the hardest thing you have to do in your lifetime. If your goal is AF you can't be happy with drinking a lot less than you used to. AF is not drinking. I say this because i wasted many years thinking I was doing better. Looking back it prevented me from making the commitment required to be AF.We are buying into this site with the idea that it is MY WAY OUT as compared to AA or other programs. Well we have no hard and fast rules but we all do agree the only way this works is by being honest. Each of us has to be honest first with themselves and then each other. We have to look into that mirror and ask ourselves are we working at this with all we have.I wanted al out of my life for years. I failed many times because I wasn't digging deep enough in my commitment to being sober.Reading here and taking the advice given to me by others has made a big difference. I finally dug deep enough and looked at the alcoholic I had become. I wanted out bad enough that being sober was and is the most important thing in my life.
    That noise is me getting of the soap box. Just felt good for me to put it out their.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Digging Down to Rise Up

What an excellent post Caysea!

My feelings exactly, and I thank God for this site and the wonderful people that post on the site.

Comment

Digging Down to Rise Up

caysea -

Thanks for telling it like it really is. For the first time in my life I feel like I can STAY sober, but first I had do all the things you say, especially the honesty part. Originally I wanted to moderate, and the idea of doing 30 days AF was a nightmare of an idea to me, but as I got more AF days under my belt, I realized how much better abs is. Today will be day 42 AF, and this was inconceivable to me a little over a month ago. Living it really showed me the way. MWO made the difference between choosing to live the rest of my life, or continuing to be the "walking dead" as I was feeling like before.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Digging Down to Rise Up

Thank you, Caysea

What a wonderful post. Exactly what I have been thinking.

If someone was to give me a magic pill and said take this and you may drink alcohol again. I can now say with hand on heart. No thank you.

I love my life AF. Took me and many others years to get here but I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxx

AF 7/7/2009 :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Digging Down to Rise Up

Great words that I needed to here! Thanks!
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Digging Down to Rise Up

An AA meeting I went to last week was opened by a woman starting the topic of "Honesty". For me, I think I am being honest, but it's not working. I am apparently missing something and it is probably right in front of my face. Some big huge pink elephant in the room.
            Thanks for your post.
            Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Digging Down to Rise Up

Bloody good post !!!! Nice work!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
              X