Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 21st September

Well, well, well! It looks like I am first up for a change
    Did all vampires enjoy a good kip last night? I cant say my sleep was good, but at least I managed to stay put until morning....a step in the right direction I feel
    Back to work later today. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again and catching up with whats been happening there. Also looking forward to getting back to a routine.

Opes is starting back today too. Good luck girlie!! Dont let the old bag grind you down!

I think Mario should be back today too? Hope you had a fabby break my friend

Have a superb day one and all!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Good morning Starts and all to come.
    The auld bag WILL NOT win, of that I can assure you, even tho it means I'll have to become a 2 faced B also. Mario, welcome back, but could you not have brought us home some sunshine????
    Hope everyone has a great, hangover free Monday.

Comment

Good morning Starty,
      Sorry you didn't get such a good sleep.
      I was wakened by a knock at the door at 6:00 a.m. It was two lady police officers looking for the previous tenant. I showed them some I.D. and made them a coffee. It's just starting to get light now. I think I'll see if I can get another few hours in bed before the day starts proper. Five more work days, then a week off.
      October 10th is my dad's 70th birthday. My sister's organised a days walking in the hills and I'm going to try and make it down there. I haven't seen them for a long time. They see each other more than they see me. I'm the black sheep but there is a lot of love there still. Things have changed for me. I didn't realise how worried they were about the way I drank until they found out that I'd stopped. They're all normal drinkers but my mum was an alcoholic and they all assumed that I was going down the same road, and I was.
      Anyway, I'm off back to bed for a while.
      Have a great day.

Comment

Hi Opal
        X-posted.
        Is the "Auld Bag" giving you grief?

Comment

Morning Pops.
          She'll be tryin to Pops but I'll not let her worry me. My father would have been 72 on Oct. 10th Pops, strange co-incidence, same birth dates.

Comment

Good for you Opal.
            The birthday thing happens quite a lot.
            Mine's on Dec. 6th and I'll be 48. My son asked if I was 50 this year. (Cheeky Blighter) It'll come soon enough Laddie.

Comment

Morning Starty, Opes & Pops

Have fun today, Starts! I'm sure they're looking forward to seeing you as well!

Opes: good luck for today! Remmebr: the long grass

Pops: I'm jealous! Today I would have loved to crawl back under the covers for a Nanna Nap!

Have a good Monday, folks!
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Starts,Opal,Pops,Tips and all those yet to come.

Have a good day at work Opes and Starts.

Have a bouncy day Tips.

Pops. I luurve the Scottish hills.

Muchos Muchos marvelous Monday to you all.

Love Jackie xxx
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey, JC!

I'm going to bounce out of the building and go for a smokebreak. Cape Town is stunning today!
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hey Tips,

It's absolutely crap that smokers are sent outside to have a smoke.

They don't send FAT people outside to eat chocolate.

x
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;719259 wrote: Hey Tips,

x
                      :H:H:H:H

Morning all...very sluggish here this morn..I ate very late and therefor didn't sleep well, gonna see if Mia will slip back into bed for a nana nap with me...I doubt it tho!
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

JackieClaire;719259 wrote:

x
                        LMFAO.

Comment

Morning all - Just popping in to say howdy. Been very busy lately.
                          Still awaiting my bloomin sweat shop workers to arrive
                          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

JackieClaire;719259 wrote: Hey Tips,

x
                            :H:H:H
                            Take 2.
                            The cat decded that I've slept enough and she's right.
                            I've got to go and get tonight's menu sorted.
                            I've been eating rather splendidly the past few days and intend to continue doing so.
                            They have gone a bit far here regarding where smokers can light up. It used to be that a structure with three walls and a roof was considered and enclosed space and thereby a no-smoking zone, now I see signs at bus stops, stuck to a pole on the street and open air railway platforms threatening people with various financial penalties for daring to light up outside. A driver at work got a warning for smoking in the cab of his own truck. A concerned citizen reported him. Now where's the logic there? Fair enough, you should respect other people's right not to have to breathe other people's smoke, but enough is enough.

Comment

Popeye;719286 wrote: :H:H:H
                              Take 2.
                              The cat decded that I've slept enough and she's right.
                              I've got to go and get tonight's menu sorted.
                              I've been eating rather splendidly the past few days and intend to continue doing so.
                              They have gone a bit far here regarding where smokers can light up. It used to be that a structure with three walls and a roof was considered and enclosed space and thereby a no-smoking zone, now I see signs at bus stops, stuck to a pole on the street and open air railway platforms threatening people with various financial penalties for daring to light up outside. A driver at work got a warning for smoking in the cab of his own truck. A concerned citizen reported him. Now where's the logic there? Fair enough, you should respect other people's right not to have to breathe other people's smoke, but enough is enough.
                              As of 2 weeks ago, its illegal in South Africa to smoke in your car when you have children with you... The are also restrictions on how close to a building entrance you're allowed to light up, etc.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X