family doing this together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got up the courage to tell my mum that im working on this prob and offered my book to her when im done.she seemed very happy to accept it from me. this would include 4 family members me my mum,dad,and prob grandama too,was wondering if anyone else has tried to do this with loved ones and if it worked out?im so excited that she took it so well, even after i told her it would keep her from being an ass!so she said she would read give it to dad ,dad would give it to grandma and then we would all go buy our supps together. she also asked if these supps could be bought at sams club in bulk(horray im really excited she was thinking that way) surely at least hubby and wife has tried this together input would be key right now and tyvm!

Hiya Mojo,
    That sound brilliant to me....3 generations doing this together.....I really hope you all do it....I wish i could do the same with my lot................I'm gonna watch this space.....Good luck.........Macks
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

thanks mack i hope it works too,she seem excited hope it dosnt wear off. if me and her start the rest will follow im sure.

Comment

Mojo.... that is awesome! I dont know if anyone else has other family members doing it with them or not. I think most people just have the support of family whom they have chosen to tell. Let us know how it goes for all of you!

Allie
        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Mojo,

I am very excited for you!

You are so courageous:l

What a wonderful thing you have done!
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

I loaned my book to my Mom, & she read it. She's not a drinker, but my Dad is. I was hoping maybe he would be interested in the program, or maybe she could encourage him, but it doesn't look like it... . It was worth a try...

You know what they say... you can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make em F**k a chicken!
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Yeah....

I loaned the book to my mom too who is a drinker but she is going the AA route...which is fine with me because as long as she is getting help, that's what matters. Actually, I am feeling very nervous for her today. She is entering a 21 day treatment center tomorrow. She has never done that before. I know she is so nervous about leaving my dad. She has never been away from him for more than a few days at a time. I had trouble sleeping last night thinking about it. She is one of these types that doesnt even drink every day. In fact, she can go days and days without but when she does drink, she gets absolutely and completely blotto-like she is not there anymore. I am so anxious and nervous for her. I am going to hold her hand tonight. I am so proud of her - but I feel like its something I wouldht have the guts to do so I also feel like such a coward around her.
              I love my mom (sniff).
              Hugs
              Jen:upset:
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Mojo-

I think that is awesome that you can share this with your family- and happy for you that your mother took it so well. Even if you work it differently-- there will be a nice level of understanding between you all and that is worth a lot.

I am a little different in that I think I am the only one in my family with this problem. I think my uncle has a bit of a problem but we are not super close. My mother has about one glass of wine a year, my step dad (since I was about 27)does not drink at all ( I believe his dad was an alcoholic though). My sister drinks very moderately. They do not know I have a problem because no one lives near me and I keep that info to myself. The secretive side of me I actually got from my mom.
                Anyway...I think that is very healthy what you are doing and it should be great support.

Thanks
                Lisa

Comment

Great for your family, Mojo! You guys can all support each other and keep an eye on each other from now on. I betcha family holiday parties might be a bit different from here on out! Pass the...Kudzu! Jokin...truly, that's great. My family knows too, and they look at their drinking as well. I'm just the only one really doing a dang thing about it to change. They are all "fine". They'll tell you so

Jenn--OMgoodness. Your mom. You be there for her and she will be for you as well. You two sound like you need each other very much right now. I'm sorry she has to go through this. You are right, she is brave, as that would be a really difficult thing for me to bring myself to do. Wow. Strong lady she is to admit to the issue and seek help. She will come out with a wealth of knowledge, I'm sure, and an arsenal of tools to battle this dang thing. My best wishes to her:h and to you as you go through this with her. Must be to that point where it's the right thing to do, and the professionals can take it from here. Rest easy knowing that, OK?

Take care you two!
                  :l

Comment

Working...
                  X